Your opinion needed plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion needed plz

I have,at my disposal, £250 but i cannot make my mind up if i should buy a shed to do my crafting in or buy more equipment to do my crafts???? At present i have to use whatever space i can make to be able to do my crafts. I do have quite a lot of equipment so that,at present,would be a want i suppose. Can anyone suggest any alternatives please? I would welcome your input as to me it is a lot of money so want to get it right. Cheers.

Oooh lucky you!

I guess you have to think about whether you could actually get a shed that would be big enough / nice enough to work in with that amount of money. Have a look at some and see what you think. And bear in mind it would be cold in winter / possibly hot (if only!) in summer. Just something to think about.

Comment

Do you have a spare room (box room)that could be converted a bit?? If not the problem you have with sheds is that they get damp and are freezing cold!! £250 is not a lot of money for a good quality shed I am afraid.

Are there any lock up garages around your area that you set up as your workshop??

I suppose it depends on what you are making etc and how much equipment you need to store.

What about your loft??
      Sometimes you can get loft ladders and some plaster board for a good a price??

Good luck anyway
      Rach

Facebook
      Website
      Blog
      Folksy

Comment

cards by design

Thankyou so much. They are very good points i think my head must've been in the wrong place to not think about those kind of things,numpty or what lol. I do have a box room but it has all my craft things in there,plus the pc/table/chair/book shelves etc you know! the kind of clutter that we all need. The loft might be a pos. !!!!! Other than that i think i should think on the lines of throwing my 23yr old daughter out and using her room (she has agoraphobia so maybe not) I think i may have to rearrange my rooms by the sound of it but i appreciate the good points you have made me more aware of. x

Comment

Lol you're not a numpty, Im sure most of us get carried away with an idea that sounds exciting without really thinking it through!

Actually, the loft would make a lovely craft space, nice and cosy, no interruptions and not too far to go to make a cuppa! You've got me thinking that perhaps I should convert mine . . !

Comment

If you are able to sort out the room where you have your desk, etc and all of your crafty stuff, would it perhaps be worth looking into some kind of storage?

I know you can get some fab furniture that when all closed looks like a wardrobe but you open it up and it's full of drawers and storage sections and if memory serves me right, I think it has a fold down desk too. I can't remember who makes them or how much they are though

Just found this link... if you search on Google for 'craft wardrobe' you may find them

http://www.amazon.co.uk/STORAGE-CRAF.../dp/B001DDECIE
            Last edited by Fluffy Squirrel; 30-01-2009, 08:07 PM. Reason: To add link

Comment

Hi Again,

If you have a box room I meant something like this......

But obviously made to fit your place

Ikea do a very good range for well within your budget!!
              Rach

Facebook
              Website
              Blog
              Folksy

Comment

cards by design

I am so jealous of that room and now i know exactly what i need because that is so superb and uses the space soooooo well. Thats it Ikea here i come - damn,i should do a design of how i can use the space first lol. Sooo excited now. Thankyou everyone for all the ideas you clever lot. Mmmmmmm won't sleep tonight now and i am up at 6.30 for work,well worth a sleepless night though. x

Comment

cards by design

Fluffy,the wardrobe thingy's are at Amazon and retail at over £1000 so best shelve that idea. I followed the link you posted and found it. It was also out of stock and they did not know if or when they would have them in again. Looks like it will be Ikea now. x

Comment

that room looks brill. im up my loft as its converted BUT we have no heating up there and its a bit nippy to say the least. I also have walkie talkies so i can request a cup of tea when needed! ha ha
                    Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

cards by design

Lol beets getting your own drink which ever way you look at it x

Comment

sure does. plus you can have hours of fun listening to other peoples conversations that are on the same station! Its even funnier when i decide to butt into their conversation to give my opinion and they dont have a clue who it is ! ha ha
                        Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Originally posted by Munchbun12 View Post
                          Fluffy,the wardrobe thingy's are at Amazon and retail at over £1000 so best shelve that idea. I followed the link you posted and found it. It was also out of stock and they did not know if or when they would have them in again. Looks like it will be Ikea now. x
                          Doh! I was getting all excited then about the magic wardrobe and even got my hubby off the sofa to have a look. Think £1000 is a bit much.

I currenly use a range of things - kitchen table, husband's desk when he's not working, or a lap tray in front of the TV! (not very practical especially when you lean over to get your cup of tea and beads spill everywhere.

I like the loft idea, or putting up some shelves in the box room... I feel a trip to Ikea coming on

Comment

Originally posted by Munchbun12 View Post
                            I'm not sure if you can get something similar at a lower price range, on Ebay for example, but having seen the room that Glam Glass has posted I much prefer the look of that - it looks so organised and tidy.

Hopefully you'll show up your new crafty work area if you go ahead with that idea

Comment

cards by design

I will post pics as soon as i get organised lol. I could not sleep last night as i was organising the box room (in my head of course) to fit everything in so it looked good and practical. I decided in the end that i have too much stuff (never!) so daughter may have to be kicked out (only joking i think????) Will get hubby to come up with some ideas as he's a soft ***** cat when it comes to my craft. He is a writer so he knows where i am coming from on this one (she hopes)

Comment

Working...
                              X