Carnelian and/or rondelle beads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnelian and/or rondelle beads

I'm trying to source some rondelle/button beads in carnelian and/or nephrite jade (dark green, not the pale greens). Ideally I'd like them to be around 10 mm diameter, but a few mm either way would be ok at a push. Preferably a UK supplier but will consider international if the seller is reputable.

I have found several suppliers in UK but they are all tiny, facetted beads and not really what I'm looking for.

Any help would be much accreciated. Ta.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

PJ beads have got 8x5s http://www.beadsales.co.uk/wholesale...%257CcountryGB

I don't know this company but they have 9x5s http://mrbead.co.uk/Merchant2/mercha...y_Code=rondell
    Last edited by goldy1; 29-01-2009, 11:20 PM.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Most of the Mr Bead stuff is in China - they do keep a few bits at their Luton site, but it's a different website - there's a link on their home page.

These are nice:

http://www.semipreciousbeads.co.uk/b...ted_Rondelles/

I had some nice carnelian buttons from b for beads, but they don't seem to have any at the moment. I've used them all or you'd have been welcome to some!
      george
      www.mizgeorge.co.uk
      www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
      www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Goldy - I like the look of those from PJ's. Wouldn't touch Mr Bead with a bargepole!

George - I saw those earlier when I was searching. They are beautiful but don't think they'd be suitable. I need them for a watch and I think they might be a bit too delicate with them being faceted.

Anyone found any jade ones?
        Auntynet

Comment

auntynet, why would you not buy from mr bead? i was looking at that site today and nearly ordered but decided to wait till next week when i will have a bit more cash.
          is it a bit dodgy? if so i won`t order
          thanks sally

Comment

Have you tried B for Beads? Sorry can't post URL as I'm on my iPod

Website - www.cherryblossomjewellerydesigns.co.uk
            Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cherry-Blossom-Jewellery-Designs/127033020677024

Comment

Originally posted by just sally View Post
              auntynet, why would you not buy from mr bead?
              Personal preference really but in my opinion he is dishonest - or at least he was to me. A long time ago I bought two different types of "genuine amber beads" from a "Mr Bead" on ebay. (I am assuming it is the same seller) Genuine amber???? Yeh right!!!!!! I wouldn't have minded if they were cheap but they weren't. I emailed him about it, explaining that I'd done the salt test and the hot needle test and they were definitely not amber and he basically told me where to go, albeit politely. Wouldn't give me a refund and "assured me that I was wrong, his supplier is reputable, etc". I replied that I wasn't stupid and resented him implying this and that the least he should do is state on his listings that they are pressed/reconstituted amber - even though I didn't even think they were that, just resin. He just ignored me and continued selling them as genuine. So I reported him to ebay.

I don't like being lied to or someone implying I don't know what I'm talking about when I do, and I especially don't appreciate being conned. I won't order from him again.
              Auntynet

Comment

Originally posted by Trixie View Post
                Have you tried B for Beads? Sorry can't post URL as I'm on my iPod
                Just checked them out and they have faceted carnelian ones - really nice but I want plain rondelles. Thanks anyway.
                Auntynet

Comment

thanks for that auntynet,i won`t bother ordering from him, its good to know who to avoid as well as who is recomended
                  sally

Comment

Thanks for that as I just added 6 different beads to my cart. They have some very colourful beads though. I must look somewhere else now.
                    blog
                    site
                    fanpage

Comment

Ok - now it looks like I am dissing Mr Bead just for the sake of it. I'm not. It was one bad experience a long time ago but it put me off.

Yesterday I had a very good look around his website - He has some gorgeous beads listed that I would normally be happy to purchase but my principles won't let me but . . . .

Lets just say that I'm not enamoured by the fact that the beads are shipped from China - you have to look into the "info" pages to find that out.

The other thing I noticed is that, whilst I am not an expert but I do consider that I have a good knowledge of gemstones, he doesn't tell lies in his discriptions, but, in my opinion, he can be somewhat misleading - its obvious to me from his pics (even allowing for the difference that everyone's PC screen has) that some of the beads are enhanced ( read dyed) however he doesn't state this on his listings.

As I said earlier, he does have some lovely beads at good prices so please don't let my principles put you off - if you're happy to order then go ahead. He has a thriving business so he must be doing something right.
                      Auntynet

Comment

Back to my original search . .

I have found a Uk supplier (I think) of some gorgeous carnelian beads at a good price but why oh why do I suffer from this terrible condition they call "beadaholism"?

It forces us to look at every bead they sell before ordering the one item that we definitely want, just to see if we can save on postage, you understand. But by the time you've looked at everything you discover that what should have been a £6 sale will actually turn into a £40 sale if you succumb to your terrible condition and buy all the beads that you "simply must have because you desperately NEED (read want) them"!

Do I give in to temptation or do I be very restrained and just order what I have a commission for?

HELP ME, PLEASE!!!!!!!
                        Auntynet

Comment

Alternatively, you could tell us all who it is, so we can share your pain.....
                          george
                          www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                          www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                          www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

I checked out an ebay seller that one of the new(ish) forum members recommended.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/sunnyenterp...meZL2222QQtZkm

They have some beads stocked in UK and some in China so I thought I'd give them a try.

No-one came to persuade me to order everything so I ended up compromising and ordering 4 items instead of the 9 that I wanted - only cos Urbtaf was watching over my shoulder!

I ordered the carnelians that I need for an order but I also got some amethyst and aquarmarine beads and some smokey quartz. I'm hoping the smokey quartz are the same as some I got last week from a different seller cos they are amazing and I used them all up straight away.
                            Last edited by auntynet; 08-02-2009, 12:31 AM.
                            Auntynet

Comment

I think we need to start a beaders anonymous section; I too suffer from this affliction auntynet calls beadaholism. However, I have the much worst affliction, I can't bear to make jewellery out of some of them because they are too pretty. And sometimes, after much working through of my problems, I can't sell the item I have made from previuosly mentioned beautiful beads.......

See auntynet, it could be worse!
                              www.beadlab.com

Comment

Working...
                              X