Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help - clean old tabe

Hi

I have just re acquired an old fold out card table - dark wood - don't know what wood, it is plain - no intricate work.

The table is in good condition apart from a few surface scratches.

My question is - how can I cheaply restore it to it's former glory?

I want it in my home - not to sell.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

A long time ago i did an old table and i used wirewool and bee's wax came up a treat. Hard work mind you and id of thought the colour will be lighter because it might be stained. But thats how i did it. There might be more opinions that are better though. Good luck

Comment

Thanks for that - I seem to remember my Grannie using wire wool and linseed mixed with something? could it have been beeswax?

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

How old is it? Does it have any monetary value? Has it got a felt top and if so what condition is that? I love old things, being one myself. Good luck with your renovations.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Hi Carol

I think it is from the early 1900s yes it has a felt top which is in good condition, monetary value - not sure - but it just fits snuggly in an alcove in my hall and looks a little tired - so it's old worn tired - just like me.
          www.just-soaps.com
          Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
            Thanks for that - I seem to remember my Grannie using wire wool and linseed mixed with something? could it have been beeswax?

Jane
            Yeah could of been. Like i say it was years ago so i forget all the facts now. But wire wool seems to do the trick pretty well. Good luck . The table in question ? Think i have one to. In the back bedroom

Comment

The wire wool and wax will work, but I once used Colron wood restorer, it melts and speads the existing wax, worked fantastic on the chairs I used it on, very quick too

Comment

Working...
              X