Beading around cabochons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beading around cabochons

I have seen people recommend inerfacing finished with suede and leather, but can you use anything? Would felt work or would it fall to bits? What about denim backed with felt?

Also wondering what glue to use, is resin ok?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Peter; 25-01-2009, 03:38 PM.
    flickr
    blog
    my website
    etsy

Depends what cab you want to bead around, and what it's to be used for. If you want it as part of a bead embroidered piece you would glue it onto the backing and bead round it. If you want it as a pendant, you can use either Right angle weave or peyote to bead bezel it. If it's glass you will have fun, and a touch of glue to hold it is ok, but it isn't something you can just dive into and hope it comes out ok...................google 'beading a cabochon' and you should come up with lots of different ideas. I sell kits for beading around large Swarovski rivolis, but that may not be what you want. Good luck!

sorry............I edited your post instead of replying! Doh!

Comment

I prefer to bead around the edge without a leather backing so it looks good on both sides just in case it twists over as pendants have a habit of doing

Comment

I didnt think about that, sounds much nicer! Thank you, will give that a go
        flickr
        blog
        my website
        etsy

Comment

Beading round Cabochons

Hi ... In my experience, you can use just about anything within reason. I have used thick felt, faux leather, 2 layers of calico ...
          If it feels right, go with it

Rosebudlia xx
          www.rosebudlia.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X