Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday Present

Hi all,

I have my Gran's 84th birthday in a couple of weeks and am looking for something special for her... we went for practical at Christmas with a hat, scarf and blanket so I'd like something more decorative for her birthday.

I've been thinking about a brooch or something similar in autumnal colours? Can anyone help? With finances being very tight at the moment, I can't afford to spend loads but all ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Laura xx

What about putting together a card collection for her. Various designs and occasions for her to use threw out the year.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I had thought about that but my aunt makes her own cards too and did my Gran a set for her Christmas lol... I'll have to get in first with that one next Christmas

Comment

You could get a glass clip or similar frame and make a collage of family photos.
        Very cheap and she would get something from it every day.
        Terry xxx
        You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
        Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Originally posted by Aviya Glass View Post
          You could get a glass clip or similar frame and make a collage of family photos.
          Very cheap and she would get something from it every day.

Oooh, I like that idea... definitely think I'm going to look into this one - thank you

Comment

Make her a brooch. I make some in silver plate with gemstone chips and they go down quite welll with "ladies of a certain age". The ones I have are quite large (40x30 mm cup) and they look great on big scarves and shawls.

You can get the brooch blanks in lots of sizes, any gemstone chips you fancy - just use good glue (I use E6000) to secure them. Present it in a little box.

If you don't fancy making one yourself, PM me - my prices are very reasonable.
            Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
              Make her a brooch. I make some in silver plate with gemstone chips and they go down quite welll with "ladies of a certain age". The ones I have are quite large (40x30 mm cup) and they look great on big scarves and shawls.

You can get the brooch blanks in lots of sizes, any gemstone chips you fancy - just use good glue (I use E6000) to secure them. Present it in a little box.

If you don't fancy making one yourself, PM me - my prices are very reasonable.
              I've done the photo collage, now I've just to get her brooch sorted then job done

Feeling fairly pleased with myself lol.

Comment

Working...
              X