Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what can I call my craft fair

HELP!!!!

As many will know I am organising a craft fair in March.

The problem is that when I do the advertising I dont know what to call it.

Sounds stupid I know but bear with me:

When anyone advertises a craft fair in this area it seems that people expect it to be a "gift fair" with bought in goods, table top, you know the sort...

What I am organising is a true craft fair, all hand crafted by the stall holders, no bought in, no second hand, no fair trade.

I therefore dont want to advertise it as a craft fair, trouble is what do I advertise it as???

I have asked the crafters I know and wracked my brain so thought I would put it to the experts, ie YOU!!!

Some suggestions have been:

*Handcrafted in Clacton (no good because some of the crafters come from other areas)

*We make it

*Hand crafted by us

I dont really like any of these but want something catchy that I can use for all my events so that people know exactly what we are about.

Many thanks and I look forward to any ideas
    pick the best title
    80.00%
    pick your second choice
    20.00%
    Diane
    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Craft Extravaganza? I think that was the name I put on posters when I organised a card making day
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

how about

'Crafters Gallor' 'Glorious Crafts' 'Home Grown' 'Delightful Designs'
      'Designers Delights' 'Crafty Crafts'

Ok out of ideas now.
      Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Don't know if these are any good, shooting from the hip a bit here..

"Handmade Heaven"

"The Crafty People" Unique Handmade Goods

"The Craft Emporium"

Hope this helps!
        www.maygreen-fairies.co.uk
        www.maygreen-fairies.blogspot.com
        www.facebook.com/maygreenfairies
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/maygreenfairies

Comment

Well I am lost for words and really choked, thank you so much, see I knew there would be clever people with more brain cells than me,

Seriously, thank you so much for your ideas,

Now I cant decide what to use as they are all great titles, when I do make a decision I will be sure to let you all know
          Diane

Comment

If you can't decide between a few of the suggestions why don't you post a poll thread on the forum so that we can all vote on it and go with the one that gets the most votes?
            Elinor
            x

My Misi page
            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

thats an excellent idea, how do I do that
              Diane

Comment

You start a new thread as normal then underneath the bit where you type your message in, there is an 'additional options' section, one of the options is to add a poll to the thread, you can have up to 12 poll categories I think, just select that and then I presume it's straightforward to type in the suggestions you want people to vote on.

Hope that helps, I'm not very good at explaining things.
                Elinor
                x

My Misi page
                Follow me on Twitter

Comment

thanks I think I did it

WHAT A WALLY I AM. DONT VOTE ON THIS POLL!!!

I WILL DO ANOTHER ONE WHEN MORE SUGGESTIONS COME IN
                  Last edited by Moonbeam Angel; 03-01-2009, 02:14 PM.
                  Diane

Comment

oops. Anyway, you've found out how to do it. Maybe get some more suggestions and then start a brand new thread with the poll showing all the suggestions you like.
                    Elinor
                    x

My Misi page
                    Follow me on Twitter

Comment

How about 'Angel Craft Fairs'

Comment

Thanks I love all the suggestions coming in, I will do a new thread later when I get some more suggestions. (now I know how to do a poll) thanks Cupcake

I love the angel and heaven ones (because I love angels etc) but, thinking about it, I dont think the heaven/angel ones will be any good as the fair is to be held in a church hall, will people think it is a religious event???
                        Secondly, there is a shop in town (just down the road) which is called Made in Heaven and sells all bought in gifts, I really dont want people to confuse me with them.

Please keep the ideas coming though, I would love to do a poll later with all the suggestions!
                        Diane

Comment

[quote=Moonbeam Angel;162843]

I love the angel and heaven ones (because I love angels etc) but, thinking about it, I dont think the heaven/angel ones will be any good as the fair is to be held in a church hall, will people think it is a religious event???
                          Secondly, there is a shop in town (just down the road) which is called Made in Heaven and sells all bought in gifts, I really dont want people to confuse me with them.

Oops that could be unfortunate did not realise, how about Moonbeam Craft Fairs, the same as your name but different, hope that makes sense have not been drinking honest.

Comment

I'm trying to think of something that will link to the fact that you are buying direct from the crafters themselves but the only ones I can think of are 'Crafts Direct' ' or Crafters Direct'
                            or how about 'Focus on Crafts' 'Captivating Crafts' 'Homespun Crafts' 'Countryside Crafts' 'Homespun Creativity'
                            Sorry, getting a bit carried with the thesaurus now...

Melanie

Comment

I really like the more unusual titles like 'With these hands' - implying with these hands - I made this, but could be a little too obscure! Maybe soemthing like, 'the handmade touch'

Stacey

Comment

Working...
                              X