Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black embossing powder on white card

hello! (newbie needing advice!!)

ive been trying to make a few last minute christmas cards without much success. im trying to use a stamp with clear glue and black embossing powder on a white card background. the trouble is that once ive applied the glue and then the powder and heated it up, the white card ends up looking like it has been dragged along the floor its that dirty looking! the powder seems to stick to the areas that havent been glued and i cant see any extra on it until i use my heat gun.

i was wondering if anyone who is more advanced than me at using these types of materials can help. its driving me nuts!!!

thank you so much!

It is static that is clinging on to the stray particles. They sell a static bag to wipe over the card before you stamp. You can also use the sheets you put in the dryer.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

A way I used to do it as a work round when in a hurry was to stamp with black ink and then use clear embossing powder, that way any stray specks didn't show up.
      Elinor
      x

My Misi page
      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

thank you!!

thank you so much for your really speedy answers!! ive just ordered a little anti static bag from my supplier and i will use the ideas about the dryer sheets/clear embossing powder (i think i have some!) in the meantime until my little miracle cure arrives!

thank you again, so much!

angela

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
          A way I used to do it as a work round when in a hurry was to stamp with black ink and then use clear embossing powder, that way any stray specks didn't show up.
          I do exactly the same, pretty much the same effect but a lot less messy
          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

it worked!

thank you for all your help. i did have some clear powder and used it with the black ink and it has given me a wonderful effect with no mess! thank you for your help again!

angela

Comment

Working...
            X