Specific age presents help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific age presents help

Just realised that title didnt make any sense!

Basically the guy that takes photos of my jewellery for my site is asking for ideas for his 13 and 15 year old nieces.I said Id be happy to make something for them but Ive no idea what jewellery girls that age are into.

Any ideas?
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Doh!! pink and sparkly of course. no seriously it would depend on what they are into.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

If they are girlie girls then anything pink and sparkly. If they are a bit more goth or rock then black, silver or purple.
      But you can't go wrong with simple heart or star themed things. I seem to sell a lot of heart and star pendants for that age group!
      www.jennynevedesigns.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9043479?ref=mf

Comment

I was thinking goth or star stuff too, as I dont know them its difficult to choose.
        https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

If you don't know them stick with the stars.
          "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
          my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I would go for the heart and stars theme, and for that age-group definitely steer away from pink, and pretty. I teach teenagers and most of the girls I know seem to grow out of that quite young. There's also quite a lot of girls of that age-group who seem to be into the Emo/ gothy look and like fuorescent acrylic beads or those spiky, rubbery, beads are also popular. They come in very bright colours. It's so hard when you don't know them.
            Good luck !
            Helena xx

Comment

Hiya,

I'm 13 and I love all sorts of jewellery! My favorite colours are pinks, purples and reds. My mums friends makes jewellery and she made me some earrings that are red, pink and white and they are lovely - they are a bit dangly but not too much so the school can't complain!

I agree with what the others have said, it really depends on what they are into. If you don't know what colours they like best, a safe colour to choose would probably be either silver or gold.

If I was you, I would also create something that they are going to be able to wear to school also, ie, something that the teachers aren't going to complain about!! I know many teeange girls (like me) also like stars and love-hearts so that might be an idea.

I hope this helps somewhat and if you want to talk to someone of a similar age to the girls, please let me know!

Comment

Hi, I'm 14 so I might be able to help but everyone is different.. I like making and wearing quite quirky, funky jewellery personally but I settle for anything because I don't really have a specific style

I like bright colours and funky charms & beads etc, but you could always make silvery or gold coloured jewellery and then it could match anything but still be pretty
                You could even do a simple charm necklace - everyone loves them

+ do you know if the girl's ears are pierced? because if so earrings might be nice; if not a bracelet or necklace would be good too. lol

Hope that helps x
                Last edited by Amber-Rose; 15-12-2008, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Hi

I would stay away from too pink and girly unless you know the girls are into that.........

Pirate jolly rogers are really popular with this age range. Well at least my jolly roger hair slides sell well for this age group.
                  Dizzy beads have some new jolly roger beads in if that helps.

Although I agree a charm bracelet would be the safest bet. Easy to get the size right as can fasten anywhere on the chain. The girls can add to it, and personalise it as time goes on. You could ask the parents what each is into and add a charm that fits......

Good luck

Harriet

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk
                  Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X