Gold Paint/Paste?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Paint/Paste?

I want to put gold accents on raised areas of a cast iron stand which has been painted a cream colour. Does anyone know of a product that would be suitable? I don't want a solid gold look, just a highlighted effect -any suggestions???
    Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

I use gold spray. I spray a puddle onto a disposable plate and then dip in a sponge. Remove the excess and dab on. Build it up by layering to achieve the look you want. It's cheeper and easier than guilding wax which tends to streak on. It also adds a sparkle.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
      I use gold spray. I spray a puddle onto a disposable plate and then dip in a sponge. Remove the excess and dab on. Build it up by layering to achieve the look you want. It's cheeper and easier than guilding wax which tends to streak on. It also adds a sparkle.
      That sounds like a really good idea and, with building up the layers, I can, as you said, achieve the look I want. Do you use any particular brand of gold spray, or, are they all pretty much the same?
      Jayne

Comment

I just use cheep newsagent stuff or pound shop stuff
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

You need Rub n buf wax. a little goes a long way. my Oh uses it on all his resign dragons and mirrors to highlight the detail.
          http://www.monochromecrafts.co.uk/st...id=6824&dfid=1
          "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
          my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
            You need Rub n buf wax. a little goes a long way. my Oh uses it on all his resign dragons and mirrors to highlight the detail.
            http://www.monochromecrafts.co.uk/st...id=6824&dfid=1
            I've never heard of that before, it sounds really good
            Jayne

Comment

Gold wax

Hi

I was going to suggest one of the gold waxes that are available, Iberion do a range of gilt wax finishes.

There are also gold paints, like goldfinger which come in a range of gold colours, from lemon gold right through to red gold.

You can also apply imitation gold leaf using one of the simple sizes which are now available, it's not hard, though more time consuming than applying a wax finish.

Whatever, do have fun.

Richard
              For DIY gilding and antique finishes to gold leaf.
              For the esoteric & unusual in bookbinding

Comment

Quite a while ago now when I did up a few shelves and mirrors I used a tiny pot of gold paste, looked like eyeshadow and in a small pot like that too...afraid I can't remember where I got it from, but it was in the days before i started crafting and cardmaking so it must have been at a diy place or art shop. Good luck, hope you find what you're looking for. Hmm, maybe eyeshadow would work?!
                Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Thank you so much for all your suggestions, I'm going to look into them all
                  Jayne

Comment

Working...
                  X