How much to charge for a kids party?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much to charge for a kids party?

I know this question has been asked before but I thought I'd ask for your opinions.

I have been asked to do a girly party for 45 (yes!!! 45 of them!) 12 yr old girls. Obviously I can't do it myself as there are too many of them so I've dragged Goldy1 in to help me . . . . she assures me she's not in for the money and that she's purely helping out a friend in need.

Anyway, mum's asked me to help them make memory wire bracelets, earrings and thong necklaces and she emphasised the word "sparkly". If I remember this woman rightly, I took the time out to make a pair of sterling swarovski earrrings for her daughter on the market a few weeks ago and she liked the fact that I was happy to spend the time "pampering" her daughter. She was very well dressed and spoken and I got the impression that money was no option where her kids are concerned so I'm assuming we're talking sterling silver and swarovski crystals.

The party is for a Bat Mitzva party - the girl's equivalent of the boys Bar Mitzva which is basically the Jewish coming of age celebration.

So the $64,000 question is what to charge?

I'm off now to order some more Swav's.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Ooh lucky you!
    I don't know what to suggest....figure out how much it will cost material wise, and then add some on top for your time and efforts, travel etc
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Party

THIS IS A HARD ONE BUT YOUVE GOT TO BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU GET NOT WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTS TO PAY SO BE PREPARED FOR HER TO TRY AND GET DISCOUNT TO GO IN HIGHER AND THEN MAYBE DISCOUNT BUT I THINK £10.00 - £12.00PER HEAD IS VERY REASONABLE

AND BY THE WAY HELLO MY NAME TO MY NIECES AND NEWPHEW IS AUNTY NET

JEANNETTE

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        AND BY THE WAY HELLO MY NAME TO MY NIECES AND NEWPHEW IS AUNTY NET

JEANNETTE
        Thats where I get it from.

PS - please take the "caps" off (its considered as shouting!)
        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

sorry sorry
          didnt know didnt mean to will learn as i go along
          jeannette

Comment

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17810
            "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
            my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Well I was thinking more like £15 per head bearing in mind use of crystals and sterling silver and you will have to have a decent amount of tools available to use. As the girls will have their goodies to go home with this means no "party bags" for Mum to provide so I wouldn't think that amount unreasonable personally (I don't have girls but I do make jewellery )
              www.littlebead.blogspot.com
              www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
                I know this question has been asked before but I thought I'd ask for your opinions.

I have been asked to do a girly party for 45 (yes!!! 45 of them!) 12 yr old girls. Obviously I can't do it myself as there are too many of them so I've dragged Goldy1 in to help me . . . . she assures me she's not in for the money and that she's purely helping out a friend in need.

Anyway, mum's asked me to help them make memory wire bracelets, earrings and thong necklaces and she emphasised the word "sparkly". If I remember this woman rightly, I took the time out to make a pair of sterling swarovski earrrings for her daughter on the market a few weeks ago and she liked the fact that I was happy to spend the time "pampering" her daughter. She was very well dressed and spoken and I got the impression that money was no option where her kids are concerned so I'm assuming we're talking sterling silver and swarovski crystals.

The party is for a Bat Mitzva party - the girl's equivalent of the boys Bar Mitzva which is basically the Jewish coming of age celebration.

So the $64,000 question is what to charge?

I'm off now to order some more Swav's.
                If money no option i would charge £12 a head. Or if you feel that is a lot then £10?
                There is a pottery place near here where you can paint it, they do plates mugs plaques magnets, and they do kids parties. They charge £10 per head!
                It depends if you want further parties in the future because with that many kids you will more than likely get another booking! What a great idea!
                Are you giving them 'set kits' or are you having to buy more than you need to give them a choice?
                Last edited by coolkat; 05-11-2008, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Just thought too you will be looking at time and having to have extra help so i think £10-£12 per head. Will you be buying extra tools to run the party?

Comment

And one other thought as i work in school with year 6 (10 going on 11 years) is you might like to think of a disclaimer form for all the parents to sign as parents sue at the drop of a hat. Girly parties can be quite a rowdy affair!! Its a great party idea though!

Comment

My two aren't old enough for this sort of party but a recent one we went to had a children's entertainer for an hour and she cost £120.00. That was to entertain about 20 - 25 6 yr olds. Mind you, they were entertained, and if it was me, I'd charge danger money!!

Debbie
                      Debbie
                      http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...?id=1262375772

http://www.folksy.com/shops/purplemac

http://purplemac.misi.co.uk/

Comment

There are some websites on google -if you look at some that will give you an idea. I saw one woman -£83 for 7 children and then another £11 for each extra child.

Comment

Please bear in mind a Bat Mitzvah is not 'just a party' its her coming of age celebration. She will have had a formal event in the synagogue, she will have written and told a story about a famous woman of the Bible, relating it to her personal development in front of the whole congregation!

Its a major event in the community and the girl begins prep 18 months before the date! While you dont want to rip anyone off Mom is looking to impress her friends and their kids so make it as glitzy and glamourous as you like! Def go with upmarket jewellery.

Remember to ask the dress code for this function, Jewish women dress modestly for synagogue ie long dresses, covered arms etc and may do the same for the party - you dont want to embarrass your host.

Get this right and you will have MANY more future events to attend!
                          Terry xxx
                          You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
                          Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Go Aunty Net! Well done!

I would decide what you are going to make (looks like you've got that already), find out how much the materials are going to cost per head, then decide how mcuh you would like to earn per hour as a tutor (add this twice to account for goldy1 too)

Then think of tools etc, I would assume that you are not going to supply 45 sets of pliers etc.... but you would need at least 10 I would have thought

You could do four groups of 10 and each work on something different? You should maybe even rope in that earring mogul of a husband of your in too.... 45 is an enormous group!

See how much the above comes to and divide by 45 and see if it seems reasonable.

I would have though £15 a head is reasonable for swarkies and sterling..... Sterling I would not use, there is a huge potential for wastage
                            www.beadlab.com

Comment

Well done on such a brilliant and potentially fantastic enquiry!!

Taking into account the materials you will be supplying, your time, the tuition and how serious these occasions are taken (a really big thing within their community) then if I were you, I'd be looking to charge in the region of £15 per head.

Also it may be worthwhile looking into any disclaimers and insurance that you may need.

As has already been suggested, I'd speak to your client about the dress code for the occasions so as not to cause any embarrassment or discomfort to yourself or them on the day.

Good luck with it all

Comment

Working...
                              X