Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabric Glue Help!

HI

I'm a bit out of my depth here so looking for some help please.

Is there such a thing as fabric glue?

I'm trying to stick fabric onto fabric - well it's ribbon actually, quite thick ribbon and I'm trying to stick a bow that I've made from the ribbon onto ribbon that's flat....if that makes any sense lol

And if there is such a thing would I be able to buy it in Hobbycraft. I need it really quickly for an order that's due in the next couple of days and couldn't wait for an online purchase to arrive.

Thanks in advance

We sell fabric glue so it does exist, but I thought it was for sticking gems and things onto fabric
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

Comment

Ahh right, thanks Louise

So it probably wouldn't be strong enough to stick fabric onto fabric then, and to make matters worse, it's shiny ribbon

Might just go up to Hobbycraft tomorrow and ask them.

Worse case scenario Superglue

Comment

Hi there
        Just found this site for you...they say its a washable fabric glue! you can even dry clean it! (never tried it though, or used the site)

Hope this helps.
        www.kleins.co.uk
        Sarah

Comment

That's great thanks autumn rose at least I know exactly what I'm looking for now

That Hi Tack Glue on that site sounds pretty good too, anyone ever use that?

Comment

I've used the Impex Hi-tack glue on ribbon, (from hobbycraft, the gold coloured bottle) it works ok but did stain the fabric so you would need to ensure you applied it neatly - not like me where it all squidged and looked ugly
            It does say you can stick two fabrics together and 'heat bond' using an iron, I haven't tried this but it might work out like bondaweb but maybe stiffer. I'd suggest trying it on some scrap fabric first.....just incase.

cate x
            My blog

Comment

Last year I used fabric glue , got it from Hobbycraft it's called Can - Du . I must say I was very pleased with it . It's very milky when you put it on , but drys clear . I used it on a Flapper Girl dress , stuck on beads , fringing and ribbon , really does a good job .

Comment

HI krafty1,

Try Gutermann Textile Glue its about £5, its brillent, i use it for sticking lace and ribbon on my bags.
                Sam

Comment

Originally posted by catebee View Post
                  I've used the Impex Hi-tack glue on ribbon, (from hobbycraft, the gold coloured bottle) It does say you can stick two fabrics together and 'heat bond' using an iron,
                  I seen that one when I was there today,and read those instructions so decided against that cos I wouldn't be able to iron the bow
                  Thanks catebee

Originally posted by hotrodgirl View Post
                  Last year I used fabric glue , got it from Hobbycraft it's called Can - Du . I must say I was very pleased with it . It's very milky when you put it on , but drys clear . I used it on a Flapper Girl dress , stuck on beads , fringing and ribbon , really does a good job .
                  I think that's the one I ended up getting, explained to the assistant what it was for and she said it will be fine.
                  Thanks hotrodgirl

Originally posted by NorthernChancer View Post
                  HI krafty1,
                  Try Gutermann Textile Glue its about £5, its brillent, i use it for sticking lace and ribbon on my bags.
                  That's the one I was hoping to get today but they didn't have it.
                  I'll get if this Hobbycraft one truns out to be rubbish, I just didn't have enough time to go looking for the Gutermann one today and I've got to make everything tomorrow.
                  Thanks NortherChancer

Comment

Hiya, you could try using bondaweb, but you would have to do loads of layers(them iron it to bond it all together)!!
                    you could test it out first to see if it works?!!

Oh i have some glue as well, wish i could just pass it through the computer screen to you!!
                    Sam

Comment

Working...
                    X