Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eyelet Pliers, please help, no instructions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelet Pliers, please help, no instructions!

I'm getting the hump with these darn things, I feel such an idiot that I can't work out how to use them.

Being a cheapskate, I bought the Draper Hole Punch and Eyelet Pliers from Hobbycraft about an hour ago. All fired up to go, and then realised I didn't know which way to put the eyelet things in.

If anyone can give me an idea of where to start I would be most grateful.

Cate x
    My blog

I used to use industrial eyelets at work in another life. Not sure if this will help but here's what we used to do.

We used the hole punch to make the hole then we had a 2-part jig thing that the part of the eyelet with the large lip was placed onto the bottom half. The material with the hole then went onto that, then the eyelet without the lip and finally the top part of the jig. Then we smacked it with a hammer - its sometimes tricky to get the pressure right cos if you don't hit it hard enough the pieces won't lock into place but if you hit it too hard then you can damage the material.

I realise that you're talking about "pliers" so sorry if this isn't any use to you but I'm thinking that you'd probably apply the same principals.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I just found this two items so you should obviously disregard my previous post as its nothing like what you wanted to know!

Hopefully one of these will be more helpful.

http://nicolemdesign.blogspot.com/20...-tutorial.html

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qQryNGYxSWk
      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Thank you so much auntynet, that tutorial is perfect

So kind of you to the take the time to look for me, I'd tried googling but no luck. I was getting in a right old state, what I was doing wasn't anything like what I was suppossed to be doing...oops!

Thank you again xx
        My blog

Comment

Hi

Very sorry to Admin I know this is an old Post but just to Help anyone out I have created a How to guide on Eyelet pliers, in the hope it saves any Nice Crafter out there from struggling when using these tools Link Below.

Kind Regards
          Last edited by Toolbug; 02-08-2014, 05:50 PM.
          Toolbug Wood Carving Chisels
          Eyelet Punch & Hole Cutters
          Our Facebook
          Free Eyelet Pliers Guide

Comment

Working...
          X