Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gift Vouchers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gift Vouchers

    This last week on the market we've been asked several times about gift vouchers - you know the type of enquiry I mean . . . . "my friend would love your stall but I've no idea what to buy her/ what she's already got or still wanting" etc.

    I don't want to go to the expense of having some vouchers printed up so what do you think about a cheap way of doing it? We've got lots of postcards (freebies from Vistaprint) with space on the back to write details on but what about the wording?

    Do you think that a postcard with handwritten details on the back is ok?

    Any advise greatfully received.
    Auntynet

    Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com




    ~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

  • #2
    You could design them yourself on the computer, print them out and photocopy them, but make sure that when issuing them you sign and date it, then record that in a book so that you can account for them all, and tick it off when you recieve it as payment. You could even use one of those pens that shows under the light, just so that you don't get ripped off by people forging them
    MISI - http://www.misi.me.uk/store_info.php?user_id=741

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Auntynet

      We produced our own gift vouchers for the shop which I think look quite professional when printed on glossy (photo?) paper. I can email the document over to you if you like so you can copy/adjust/disregard it for your own use.
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Louise88 View Post
        You could design them yourself on the computer, print them out and photocopy them, but make sure that when issuing them you sign and date it, then record that in a book so that you can account for them all, and tick it off when you recieve it as payment. You could even use one of those pens that shows under the light, just so that you don't get ripped off by people forging them
        Great minds and all that Louise I sign mine so no-one can photocopy them or forge them.
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

        Comment


        • #5
          Gift vouchers - what a great idea!
          Gail x

          My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Loiuse88 and natty netty beat me to the post. That was exactly what I was going to suggest!!
            My Blog
            Twitter
            Facebook

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
              Hi Auntynet

              We produced our own gift vouchers for the shop which I think look quite professional when printed on glossy (photo?) paper. I can email the document over to you if you like so you can copy/adjust/disregard it for your own use.
              I'd appreciate that very much netty. Thank you.
              Auntynet

              Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com




              ~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

              Comment


              • #8
                Update

                Just wanted to show you my gift vouchers that I sorted out. I cheated really by using the text off nattynetty's voucher that she sent me a copy of and editing it to suit us. Thanks netty!

                I ordered some postcards with envelopes from vistaprint (freebies of course) and this is it - front & back view. We have a book in which to record the number, date of issue and (where possible) the customer that bought it or the name of the person that received it.

                Auntynet

                Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com




                ~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

                Comment


                • #9
                  Those look really good - bet you must be pleased with them

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Aunty net I noticed on your voucher that it is valid for 3 months does that mean after that time they lose their money?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by shiner View Post
                      Aunty net I noticed on your voucher that it is valid for 3 months does that mean after that time they lose their money?
                      Not really - Its just a way of trying to get them into the shop to present the vouchers sooner rather than turn up 3 years later with it.

                      I looked into the legal implications of having an expiry date (thanks Goldy for pointing it out to me) and whilst its not illegal to have one, its considered bad practice if you don't point it out when you sell the voucher.

                      Having said that, we are quite prepared to honour the voucher after the expiry date if we are satisfied that its genuine - which is why we will record details at the point of sale.
                      Auntynet

                      Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com




                      ~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X