Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• envelopes for cards

Hi
    I would like to know how do you make an envelope to fit a card made from a A4 size card - folded (A5) as I would have to have a sheet of paper larger than the card size. An A4 paper is not large enough.
    Thanks

I would use 12 X 12, you can get plain colours or patterned in most craft shops. Failing that Craft Central sell packs of A5 envelopes in white or cream quite cheap.

Comment

as does the Papermill
      www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Have you seen the 'Enveloper' by Crafters Companion, that allows you to make all different size envelopes. They've been demonstrating quite a lot on the tv lately. Mind you, you could always buy some of that size envelope and carefully undo one, laminate it and so have your very own template to draw around...
        Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Thanks for the advice
          The 12" x 12" are the scrapbooking papers? Would they be expensive to buy?
          Papermill? Is there a website I can go to?
          Thanks

Comment

http://www.thepapermillshop.co.uk/
            www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

lakeland

Lakeland do an envelope former or at least they used to. Just google lakeland and go to their craft catalogue.

Comment

Depending on the colors & style of the card I recommend making your own envelopes...
                I make my own and it's simple (once you get the hang of it, like most things)...
                I'd make it out of wrapping paper, scrapbook paper, craft paper (brown stuff) or even wax/meat packing paper...
                Again this depends on the design of the card... you wouldn't want a recycled look on something fancy.

Undo an envelope you currently have, then place the card over it and measure how much bigger it needs to be. Then redraw it on bigger paper & add the needed measurments... then you have your own template for your card.

Comment

Working...
                X