Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polymer Clay - Suppliers

Here I am again - always asking questions

Can anyone recommend a supplier for Polymer Clay and related bits and pieces. I would like some pretty fast for a project but I dont want to pay over the odds.

Also Sculpey v Fimo?

Thank you.

Claire x

Take it that's a no then!!

....knock knock, anybody there?

Claire x

Comment

Hi, you could try Ellies Dollworkshop in Bournemouth - 01202 572626, they certainly used to have all sorts of polymer clay supplies.

Sue
      www.susiedolls.com
      www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi,
        I know it's a bit late,but for the next time,at least..
        I bought fimo in shops and online,and now I buy it always from Craftcellar (which is also a member of this forum).
        They are 100%reliable and super fast,I'm really happy with them.
        Regarding fimo or sculpey..I think it's really up to your preference and the project you want to do..I personally use fimo and I prefer the classic one to the soft one, but a lot of people use sculpey.Others say that it is too brittle (I'm not sure about that,though..), but really you should have a try and see what works best for you..
        Hope this helps
        xxxary
        xx ary
        www.petitechacal.com
        http://somuchlife-petitechacal.blogspot.com/
        www.petitechacal.etsy.com

Comment

Hi,

I know I'm a bit late too with my answer, I use polymer clay pit, they have always been reliable and I think they are quite reasonably priced too.

I personally prefer Sculpey to Fimo, it seems easier to condition and blend, but FIMO comes in a wider range of colours.

You can mix the 2 together as well - I found that one out by asking a Q on here as I had 2 lovely colours, 1 in FIMO, 1 in Sculpey and I wanted to make some beads with both in.

Hope that helps,

Claire
          Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
          Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
          www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Thank you!

Claire x

Comment

Working...
            X