Help on embossing please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on embossing please

I am wanting to buy a heat gun fror personalising candles, and the one I'm looking at comes with loads of embossing powders. That's my problem. What are embossing powders, what do they do, and what do you do it on?

Any advice greatly received, otherwise i'll stick to my trusty old hair dryer and oven gloves!!!! not a pretty sight I can assure you

TY all so much.
    Maria
    www.rixyswrappers.wahm.co.uk
    personalised favours and gifts

Its so weird that you post this because ive just been looking through my boyfriends mums crafting cupboard ( i think she makes cards, although ive NEVER seen her make any, or recieved a card over the three years ive known her!!) and i found loads of little pots of embossing powders!! From what i gathered from the instructions its just powder that you apply to a wet surface ( in the case if the ones i found, they are for use with stamping and are applied after the ink has been stamped) and then just heated until they melt and they create a raised embossed design!! The ones i found were pearly and glittery!!
    I might have a go myself actually!!
    They look very pretty and fun!!
    GOOD LUCK!
    Rudi

Comment

Ooooh I wonder how I could use it on a candle?
      Maria

Comment

Originally posted by rixyswrappers View Post
        Ooooh I wonder how I could use it on a candle?
        I think the candle would melt if you tried to melt the powder on a candle.The heat gun is amazingly hot.

Bat basically you stamp a picture using clear ink or coloured if you want the colour in ot effect the finished result, then sprinkle on the embossing pwder over the stamped image, shake off the excess powder, then get a heat gun and heat the area until the powder melts, et voila.
        https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
          I think the candle would melt if you tried to melt the powder on a candle.The heat gun is amazingly hot.
          Well i won the auction on ebay and got
          EMBOSSING HEAT TOOL
          HEAT IT UP BLACK SPARKLE( FULL)
          HEAT IT UP VERDIGRIS (FULL)
          HEAT IT UP SNOWFLAKE (FULL)
          HEAT IT UP PURPLE (FULL)
          EMBOSSING POWDER COPPER(FULL)
          STAMP STUFF JEWELLED GOLD (ALMOST FULL)
          6 X JEWEL GLITTER ULTRA FINE. RED,VIOLET,GOLD,YELLOW PASTEL,MINT PASTEL,LAVENDER PASTEL SOME FULL SOME BEEN USED
          6 X LP CREATIVE SPARKLE COLOUR.2 BRONZE,RED,BLUE,GREEN AND PURPLE
          5 A ULTRA FINE GLITTER LIGHT BLUE,MEDIUM BLUE,WHITE SPARKLE,DEEP YELLOW,DEEP BRONZE
          6 X SMALL TUBES IN PASTEL COLOURS
          all for about £12. Did I get a bargain?

Hopefully the candle will melt, or else I won't be able to get the personalisation on, but I will take on board your advise about it being very hot. I've been doing it with a hairdryer so far, but that takes too long!!

Anyway, i best go off and learn what to do with all the rest of the stuff!!!

Maria

Comment

I'd say you got that at a good price
            www.thecrafttutor.co.uk
            [email protected]

Comment

Woo Hoo - as long as it all turns up and works!!!!
              Maria

Comment

Working...
              X