card display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• card display

Hi everybody. This is my first time on this forum.
    I have been making cards for about 18 months now but have only been selling them in shops for about 6 months. I have a stand somewhere in a few weeks time where I really need to impress as there may be a lot of potential customers viewing. I am stuck for novel ideas on how to display my cards other than pretty baskets and the usual cardboard display stands. I have a budget but i dont want to go to any great expense. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

I've only one word to say!!!!! Ikea!!!! that place is just amazing for general use items that can in one way or another be put to the 'crafters' use.

I've got my lights, display cabinets for gallery, photo frames, little easels, honestly the list goes on.

If you go..................go with a very open mind and look at things differently. ie: I saw picture stands that have a heavy base with lots of rods coming from it and stars at the top of them which could easily hold cards etc.

Fran

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum

Not quite sure what kind of event you're wanting to display your cards at but a few ideas off the top of my head that may work are....

* Mount some example cards on a display board (hinge some cork memo boards together and cover with fabric for a cheaper version)

* Was at one craft fair where a lady had fairy lights around her table which sounds naff but actually looked really effective

*Cover your display stands in matching fabric/paper to your table covering

* If it's a wedding fayre then scatter some confetti or flower petals on your table

That's the best I can do but I'm sure the daytime lot will have loads of ideas tomorrow

Good luck
      Netty
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

You could also try shop fitters for professional stands. There is one in Preston who has lots of ''seconds'' from shops. I am sure there are quite a few in Manchester.
        Good luck
        Bea
        Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Hi Bea,
          Could you give me some more info on whereabouts this shopfitter is in Preston please - I could do with some for when I finally get round to doing craft fairs - ha ha ha!!
          Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
          My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
          My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Originally posted by swirlyarts
            Hi Bea,
            Could you give me some more info on whereabouts this shopfitter is in Preston please - I could do with some for when I finally get round to doing craft fairs - ha ha ha!!
            Preston Shop Fitters on Aquaduct Street. From the A6 you turn onto Wickes (opposite the small B&Q) and follow that road down (Aquaduct St). They have two entrances. It's a bit like a depot and they get a lot of second hand stuff. I got a 2nd-hand revolving display for nearly 1/4 of the price the first time I went there - pure luck though!
            However I also use www.edenshop.co.uk when I know what I want (excellent delivery).

Bea
            Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

hi... i was just wondering what kind of shops you target and what is your profit like? do you tend to go for shops where people specifically go to buy a card or do you sell in florests craft shops etc, i sell to a craft shop within my city library and i always sell something but i fear that people dont always think of going there to buy a card.

sorry this isnt an answer to your enquiry but i wanted to ask you what you thought anyway as you seem to be very sucessful in your card sales.

sam

Comment

Working...
              X