Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glue guns - Hot or cold melt?

Hello,

Thia may seem a daft question to most people, but what is the difference (if any) between hot and colt melt glue guns?

I have a Bostik glue gun (bought years ago) I don't know what type it is. When I bought new glue sticks for it they only had cold melt ones and I wondered if I was buying the right thing.

I've put them in my glue gun and it works, but I just wondered what the difference was. Are the guns different or just the sticks?

Cheers
    Pink Giraffe
    www.pinkgiraffe.co.uk
    email me here

Just my 10 cents

Hi

This is just my 10 cents.

In our workshop we used a hot melt glue stick that had a long open time, we used other glue sticks for different purposes.

What I am getting around to is this. I have never heard of a cold melt glue stick, unless what is meant by that is a glue stick that has a low melting point.

Richard
    For DIY gilding and antique finishes to gold leaf.
    For the esoteric & unusual in bookbinding

Comment

That's exactly what it is - we use them at school.
      Julia

http://www1.freewebs.com/jaydee67/index.htm

Comment

There you go.

There you go!

Richard
        For DIY gilding and antique finishes to gold leaf.
        For the esoteric & unusual in bookbinding

Comment

Brilliant - thank you.

The more I use them the more I am noticing the difference. I think I will need to buy hot melt sticks next time.

Cheers
          Pink Giraffe
          www.pinkgiraffe.co.uk
          email me here

Comment

A hot glue gun as it's name suggests heats up sticks of glue and passes the molten glue through a nozzle.
            A cold glue gun is a triger operated gun to squeeze either a 2 part formula glue through a mixer nozzle or just a glue pack through a nozzle depending on which system you have
            I'm not the best person to try to describe something so hope that is clear enough

Comment

Working...
            X