Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need A Sturdy Table

HELLO,
    I HAVE BOOKED FOR THE CARTMEL AGRICULTURAL SHOW 2ND AUGUST. I HAVE ONLY REALISED THAT IT IS ONLY THE SPACE I HAVE GOT, AND HAVE TO BRING MY OWN E.T.C.
    I DO DECORATED TERRACOTTA PLANT-POTS AND ARE TOO HEAVY FOR A PASTING TABLE.
    I HAVE ALSO LOOKED ON EBAY AND THE TRESTLE TABLE WILL COST £50,
    DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE I COULD PUCHASE ONE CHEAPER OR MAY BE BORROW ONE. AS IT DOES SEEM EXPENSIVE FOR ONE DAY.
    I LIVE IN POULTON-LE-FYLDE LANCASHIRE.
    MANY THANKS
    sue

have you tried HSS. They are a national hire shop for tools etc and may have something suitable.

The other option I can think of is that IKEA have tressel legs for under £10 . Unless you know a chippie who would lend you a couple, and then a legnth of MDF 20mm depth from your local DIY store.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Hi Sue

I bought my table a few months back from Homebase. Just checked with hubby and apparently it was called a 'deluxe pasting table' and cost £25. They did have cheaper pasting tables but this one is very sturdy (and pretty heavy too mind - I'm a bit of a weakling so had to get hubby to carry it) it has metal legs and thick laminated plywood - I'm pretty sure it would be stong enought to hold your plant-pots.

Also....welcome to the forum

Netty
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I am using mine (same as nattetty) at the mo in the spare bedroom but I should free it up by the end of the month so if you want to borrow, let me know. I am in Ingol (Preston)
        Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Hi,

I nearly booked the Cartmel show but opted out for the Wigtown Agri show instead, shame because I a spare table that you could have borrowed one on the day.

The homebase deluxe table at £25 should be strong enough to do what you want. I have a friend who sells decoupage terracotta flowerpots on the same table, so you should be fine too.

Fran

Comment

Working...
          X