Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making wire fairies and butterflies

Hi,

I love fairies and butterflies and really fancy making sinme wirework hanging decorations making use of my love of beads and feathers too. Having never attempted wirework, just wondering if anyone has any ideas of websites/ books/ tutorials that may be of help for designs and techniques? I don't really know where to start!!!!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks.

Amy vmt

I bought some of these in London a few years ago & I too would love to have a go if anyone can point me in the right direction please.

Comment

Both my mum and best friend are in love with anything to do with faries!
      My mum is very crafty and loves to make fairy things, although shes only ever used wire to make fairy head dresses, so no advice here in afraid!! would be nice to see what you end up with though
      Rudi

Comment

I googled "seed bead projects" and "seed bead patterns" and came up with loads of stuff.

Also found a book called Butterfly & Fairy Designs, by Rita Sova. It was on an American site so I googled again and found this

http://www.gjbeads.co.uk/html/product.php/pid/2236
        Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Fairies and butterflies, 2 of my favourite things too, can't wait to see them. Don't know if it'll work, just an idea, if you got 4 pieces of wire, 2 long and 2 short, threaded beads onto all 4 to make the body and to keep all 4 pieces together, bent the 2 long pieces out to make the 4 wings and stuck the feathers on these and then curl the 2 short ones to make the antenna (you'd have to twist the 2 short ones around to stop the beads from coming off the end of them). Or how about 2 of those pins for making earrings that already have the bobble on the end? So you'd have something like this >ii< ? It may come out rubbish, so I'll say sorry in advance!!
          Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Originally posted by nettie View Post
            1 - Or how about 2 of those pins for making earrings that already have the bobble on the end?

2 - So you'd have something like this >ii< ? It may come out rubbish, so I'll say sorry in advance!!
            1 - These are called eyepins

2 - Never apologise for being creative - its what we all have in common no matter what the craft is.
            Auntynet

Comment

Thank you...
              Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

You're very welcome.
                Auntynet

Comment

Ooh, butterflies and fairies - I love them too.
                  I am making my table decorations and some other things for my wedding. We are having a fairy theme.
                  I will post some pics when I am allowed.
                  I've made table centre pieces that my fairies are going to sit on and hold little envelopes which have the wedding favours in.
                  I better get a crack on, I get married a week on Saturday - eek!
                  Pink Giraffe
                  www.pinkgiraffe.co.uk
                  email me here

Comment

Thanks for all the lovely ideas... really think i should just have a got and see what happens. Will post some pics on here when i had made something that looks vaguely like what is in my head! If anyone else has made anything similar, please post your pics/ experiences... is good to share!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X