Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latex moulds

Hi All.

I have been doing plaster models with my children for some time now. The moulds I have been using have all been plastic, clear plastic. Now I have just got some latex ones from Europacrafts & well, I did not think about this when I saw them & ordered them but!

Can you get or buy from somewhere holders for the molds, I have up till now put them in cups & glasses pots anything I could find that would hold them still & not let them fall with the liquid inside them. But they are all sizes & shapes & its now hard to find stuff I can use for this. So is there anywhere you can buy these holders for latex moulds & if so can someone please tell me where I can get them as I need lot of different sizes of them.

I do hope that someone can help me with my problem here. I am now getting very close to my whits end.

Thanks to anyone who tries.

I always cut out a hole that is roughly the shape of the opening (but slightly smaller ) out of cardboard.. Then I hover it over a container and put in the latex mold.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Hi Beads.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will start to do that one, but why I asked is that in the catalogue they sent me. On one of the pages showing how to pore the plaster, it shown a holder. Now now where in the catalogue does it show them for sale, so after seeing that one I wondered if you could buy them from somewhere.

It did look very stable, it looked like say 4 beakers upside down. With some kind of think going over them with the hole for the mould in the middle. I am only guessing the middle bit as it shown it from a side view. If I can not find anywhere that sells this kind of thing I may have a look at how I could make some like that. Thanks again for your help, I do not come here that often only when I need help with the craft things I do for my kids. Though each time I have come here you have helped me, thank you.

TTFN

Comment

Hello

I have just got a couple of latex molds too... i did a search on you tube and came up with a tutorial, watch it through and it will come up with a tip using plaster, just found out I can't pot the url so go to you tube and type in 'tapplastic' 'How to make a Latex Mold' the HTH
        Life is nothing without friendship

Comment

ooo errr sorry double posted.

Comment

This is two years old.

Comment

wow the 'search' memory is loooooong

Comment

What I have done when using this sort of moulds for my candles and that is too cut the bottom out of plastic glasses. I have used pint and half pint glasses and just pushed a very sharp knife close to the edge of the bottom and run it around till the bottom lifts off then my mould fit snugly inside held secure while I pour hot wax in to them

HTH

xxx
                Pauline

GroovyCart
                Folksy
                MISI
                Ehive

Comment

I tested my molds

I wrapped them in bubble wrap and stood them up in a small box! it worked fine... now got to work out how to get the bubbles out... or risk loosing the tiny angels toes!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X