Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Question for Ian

or any other camera expert ..
    I have been looking at the Canon PowerShot A720 IS camera and would value your opinion . I know there are better ones out there but this is within my budget . I will use it mainly to take jewellery photos
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona720is/
    Thanks
    Chris xx
    My Website
    My Blog

Hi Chris

I have an A620 and it's superb! In fact I sometimes favour it over my all-singing all-dancing big mutha Digital SLR.

Go for it!

Jen

Comment

Hmm, that camera looks better than what I'm struggling on with at present!

Si.
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

Comment

Just to butt in again...

But for anyone wondering, it has a great Macro (close up) function. So I would say it's very good for taking pictures of jewellery. Just remember to put it on Macro first... I am usually wondering why it won't focus at 2cm until I remember about the tulip!

Comment

Great and thanks for your replies so far
          Chris xx
          My Website
          My Blog

Comment

I've got an Olympus mju700 and I've been really happy with it. It has an 'auction' setting, which automatically takes 3 shots at 3 different exposures, at the right size for e-auctions etc. ~ I pop the camera on a tiny tripod, so I don't get any 'wobble'. The software is great too, it allows you to 'smarten up' your picture and adjust the colour etc. It's got tons of other features on it too. I'm really cr*p at photography but I'm really chuffed with the pics from my little camera
            Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy4lee View Post
              I've got an Olympus mju700 and I've been really happy with it.
              How much did you pay for that model?

Si.
              Wood Tattoos
              Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
              Facebook
              Flickr
              Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
                How much did you pay for that model?

Si.
                I think we paid about £170 but that was over a year ago, I would imagine that the price may have come down since then. Make sure you get a good memory card I think we've got an XD - no idea what that all means, my OH sorted it out
                Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

ive got the olympus 700 as well and it is great - the auction feature is good and it not only has a macro setting but a super macro setting too! Im practicing at the mo actually in preparation for my new etsy site!
                  www.AREjewellery.etsy.com
                  http://arehandmadejewellery.blogspot.com/
                  http://www.folksy.com/shops/AREjewellery

Comment

Working...
                  X