Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of advice please?

Hi,

I am currently studying on a BA (HONS) in Contemporary Crafts and am about to enter into my second year. I have chosen to spe******e in metalwork and ceramics with a view to becoming a jewellery designer/manufacturer. The problem is, I dont feel that this course is providing me with the skills that i would need/like to have for me to be able to achieve this. The course is biased to the more popular areas, and the metalwork area is trying to point me towards sculpture which I do not want to do.

I am seriously considering leaving and either:

Enrolling onto a Btec in jewellery at The City College Manchester, or
    Entering into an apprenticeship scheme.

Any advice on these options would be greatly appreciated and if people could help me to ascertain which would be more beneficial to me, it would be a massive help.

Thanks a lot,

Sophie

P.S. Sorry about the long post!!

Hi sophie. Where in Lancashire are you? If your anywhere near manchester pop in the the craft center in the northen quarter and have a chat with some of the jewelers in there.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Hi Goldy, Thanks for the quick reply!! I'm in Blackburn, so about an hour away from Manchester by car, 35 mins by train.

Comment

All the jewellry courses seam to be in Northenden. Which realy bugs me as they used to be at my local college just a mile away. Anyway may be worth a trip to the craft center to get some info.
        "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
        my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Definately! I'll be up there the next chance I get. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X