Software for photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software for photos

Hi, all you with websites what kind of software do you use to upload your images? At the moment I am just using the software that was supplied with my PC - HP Image Zone but I have been told by Sadie who designed my website that I need to reduce my images and the HP software isn't really good for that.

What sort of software would any of you recommend?

Many thanks
    www.trinity-jewellery.co.uk

Trinity Jewellery
    Designs That Stand Out

IrfanView is an excellent,simple and free to download from the internet to let you work on some editing & resizing

http://www.irfanview.com/

Comment

Hi Fran

Thanks for the info, I tried to download this and I got a message stating that the publisher could not be verified. I am always a bit wary of downloading things, is it safe to use?

Many thanks!

Trinity Jewellery
      Designs That Stand Out

Comment

What I should say is that I need to reduce the pixel size of my photos - the HP image zone allows me to reduce my images for web-page display but the pixel size is about 7 times too big. Does the Ifranview allow me to do this?

Sorry for being so picky.

Trinity Jewellery
        Designs That Stand Out

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity
          Hi Fran

Thanks for the info, I tried to download this and I got a message stating that the publisher could not be verified. I am always a bit wary of downloading things, is it safe to use?

Many thanks!
          Someone downloaded it for me, I'll get them to have a look and see what they suggest. I've never had an issue with security regarding the software, it's been recommended to me for years through different sources.

Let me get back to you, most likely tomorrow though.

It'll resize your pixel size too.

Comment

Photoshop is the god for all image manipulation but come at a cost..

Photo shop does have a LE version (lite version)

The cheapest way to buy it is to buy a scanner that come with it..
            I just did a really fast search and came up with http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/prod...BP2400CU&af=50

£30 for the scanner with photoshop le..

hope that helps..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
            (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Hi I have searched E-bay for photoshop and it's going to cost around £23 and that is for the photoshop elements 2 version.

It comes boxed and the feedback is good, anyone worked with photoshop 2?

Trinity Jewellery
              Designs That Stand Out

Comment

I've got PaintShopPro. It's got way too many functions than I need but some end up coming handy... You can do tons of stuff once you understand how it works !! (should I mention my BF is kind of a techy guy when it comes to 'puter hehe)
                Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bea
                  I've got PaintShopPro. It's got way too many functions than I need but some end up coming handy... You can do tons of stuff once you understand how it works !! (should I mention my BF is kind of a techy guy when it comes to 'puter hehe)
                  Yep I use PaintShopPro too. I think I've got the hang of it now but like you I'm lucky to have a hubby who's into all things technical so he can re-show me how to do things when I forget and throw a mini strop about it all.
                  Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity
                    Hi I have searched E-bay for photoshop and it's going to cost around £23 and that is for the photoshop elements 2 version.

It comes boxed and the feedback is good, anyone worked with photoshop 2?
                    No such thing as second hand software so personally I would look at buying from ebay imho..

Paintshoppro is pretty good too .. but photoshop is the god imho

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

I downloaded the photoshop software - elements 4. There is so much stuff on there and I don't understand any of it!!! Arrghhhh! It's times like this that you wish you had done a computer course!

I have sort of worked out that you can use the magnetic tool to get the background sorted out but it is very fiddly, especially when you are trying to go round pieces of jewellery.

Is there an easier way to blot out the background and just have it filled with white?

I need to know in very easy understand language!

Think I may check with local colleges to see if they do a basic training in Adobe Photoshop..............might be a good idea, methinks!

Trinity Jewellery
                      Designs That Stand Out

Comment

Working...
                      X