Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wholesale Sterling Silver Chains

Can anyone help please?

Looking for a reliable supplier for wholesale quantities of sterling silver chains suitable for small to medium sized pendants. Don't want to pay too much for them as the punters don't like high prices!!!
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Try Ebay - I bought a lot that way...
    Cheers,
    Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
    Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Any recommended ebay sellers cos I've been stung once when buying "sterling" chains so it kinda put me off a bit.
      Auntynet

Comment

I dunno...............things I do for you...............!

http://www.palmermetals.co.uk/

Comment

Yes but you're sooooooo good at helping us all out.

Thanks for the link Peter. Will check out their stuff.
          Auntynet

Comment

There is also P J Minerals - now P J Beads. They sell retail and wholesale their prices are very competitive and quality is good. They are not too quick on posting ( sometimes 3 weeks or so ) so order in plenty of time and if something is out of stock you may go below the £50 minimum order and have to pay retail prices, you could always ring them to find out if everything is in stock.

Melanie

Comment

I always use, www.cooksongold.com.

Cxx
              Love LittleGems x
              http://LittleGemsUK.etsy.com
              www.truly-handmade.co.uk

Comment

What about Burhouse ... I've had them from there and they have been robust
                Chris xx
                My Website
                My Blog

Comment

Oops, I think I posted live links before I'm allowed to so my reply didn't show up. I was also going to suggest PJ Beads or have you tried the Silver Corporation? I've not had chain from them but have bought some of their findings, which were good quality.

I have also bought sterling silver rope chain from Beads Direct before which take small pendants, which I thought were quite competitevely priced.
                  Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
                  http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
                  http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

I tend to use Burhouse too, especially as if you live in Yorkshire it's quite easy to go and actually see the stuff before you buy. You have to set up an account with them, and I think you have to prove you are a trader (I just showed them my business card and said I was a e-trader) and then you are away. They sell a lot more than chains, so it would be worth a visit if you can manage it.
                    Mary
                    www.somata.co.uk
                    www.stitchnglass.co.uk
                    www.gemstoneboutique.co.uk
                    www.somata-pmc.co.uk

Comment

Thanks to everyone for all your replies. Will look into them all.

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                      I tend to use Burhouse too, especially as if you live in Yorkshire it's quite easy to go and actually see the stuff before you buy. You have to set up an account with them, and I think you have to prove you are a trader (I just showed them my business card and said I was a e-trader) and then you are away. They sell a lot more than chains, so it would be worth a visit if you can manage it.
                      I've had an account with Burhouse for a couple of years now and use them very regularly - but don't like the fact that their catalogue prices are way out of date - I recently ordered a pack of sterling headpins catalogue price was £13 but when I was checking my order when I got back home I realised I'd been charged £27 for them and when I rang to query this they just said that the prices are rising daily and its out of their conrol! Its quite annoying when you phone the order in one day and collect it the next (to qualify for discount) and discover you owe them twice as much as you thought.

I called in last week and as I was on my way out (sods law!!) I noticed they have got some new italian silver chains in so next time I go I'll check them out.

For anyone that's interested - they've also got a new range of cheap plated findings (toggles and stuff) which can match the prices of the chinese ebay wholesalers.

AND WE ALL KNOW THAT WE AREN'T ALLOWED TO BUY CHINESE, DON'T WE!!!!
                      Auntynet

Comment

I would suggest Palmer Metals too. They are cheaper than most, very efficient & offer discounts on alot of items for bulk orders.
                        There is also a US company called Art Beads, they have a large selection, much cheaper than UK companies. You will have to pay duty etc, but if you are buying in bulk it can still work out cheaper than getting stuff from the UK & they have really unusual things too.
                        www.mwjewellerysupplies.co.uk Beads, tools & findings

Comment

r u looking to buy bulk ?

I would expand my search to international one

Sites like alibaba.com have allot of listing
                          Same go for made-in-china.net

U will need to make an account in there and put a thread with you needs and allot of suppliers will get back to you

U don’t always need to buy in bulk as well
                          Some times one box is a good order for them

And shipping is done throw fedex or Dhl
                          Payments some times done throw paypal or western union
                          I would avoid that my self and stick to paypal
                          U don’t want to get reaped off

Put all your needs and how much u need and offers will pile at your inbox

Trust me I know
                          And its not complicated at all as u might expect

It’s the same as ordering from e bay

… hope that helps
                          sand art supplies

Comment

I stock Sterling Silver chains. They're good quality Italian chains, and you can buy singles or discounted packs of 10.

Prices compete well with the sites that have already been mentioned.

No minimum order, low postage costs and generally same day dispatch.

Hope you find time to have a browse.

Debbie
                            www.beadservice.net
                            On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Working...
                            X