Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lustre photo paper...i'm all googled out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lustre photo paper...i'm all googled out!

hi everyone,

I've been trailing through t'internet for some lustre photo paper.I'm after good quality stuff! I can't seem to find anywhere (UK based) that does it. I've tried epson online, pcworld, staples, and the rest!

**sighs**

so trusty crafters...does anyone know where i may be able to purchase some from!? or perhaps people with more k-know how than me may know of some different type of photo paper (not gloss or matte tho!)

s.x
    Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Have you tried Jessops?

Comment

i tried online, but i'm popping in town today, so i'll have look in store! fingers crossed they'll have some!

s.x
      Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Hi try looking on the web for 3M I think they may do the type of paper you are after.......
        for all your paper & card needs visit www.ideasinpaper.co.uk

Comment

have you tried http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/ I haven't had a look but they have allsorts of clever papers.
          http://twohootscraft.blogspot.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/home.php?ref=home

The owls made me do it.

Comment

Paper!

Hi Sweet,

(I've been trailing through t'internet for some lustre photo paper.I'm after good quality stuff! I can't seem to find anywhere (UK based) that does it. I've tried epson online, pcworld, staples, and the rest!)

Paper is funny stuff and I am no expert as I don’t print that much out and then only for proofing.

Generally, the printer manufacturers papers seem to work the best, Epson, HP, ect,ect. You can get then from suppliers on Ebay but! The but is the last time I bought some I wasn’t supplied with what I asked for which was Epson paper. I was sent HP paper which fortunately is very good so I had no real problem with it. You can expect some fiddling about with the printer settings if you buy a different manufacturers paper as the absorbency and surface finish may be different to the printers’ calibration.

Personally I would stay away from the cheaper papers as they are mostly rubbish. You could try using a third party paper such as Ilford who have a reputation going back as long as I can remember and were certainly the best around when I was doing proper photographic printing.

I don’t think that I am being much help here so I will shut up but I would look out for original manufacturers papers as they tend to give least problems.

Kindest Regards,

I..
            www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/?saved=1

Comment

Working...
            X