Machine embroidery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine embroidery?

I am unsure to which post that I post this question?
    As brand name machine embroidery threads are quite expensive, (I have a Janome) which threads would other machine embroiderers use and also where to buy them? I have seen some but unsure of the quality. Any views would be helpful.

Margie

Hi Margie,

to the forum.
    I have a Janome 300e, been using it for about 3 years now. I use Brildor, ARC and Coats Alcazar in 4-5000m cops, which I've picked up mainly from ebay, but I also bought some small cops from a company in Preston, Lancs. who sold Bandhu. I've never had any problems with any of these threads and the prices have been very good.
    Life's not a race, do take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

Sue

Bags Embroidery & Knitting

Comment

I've only just got my embroidery machine (Huskystar by Husqvana) and it came with a box of threads by Marathon.

I would like to know how I make a patch with my embroidery machine?

How do I cut close to the stitches so that they don't fray?
      Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Patches

Rather than try to explain, take a look at this. Kenny makes it all seem so simple!

Do you have the little curved-blade embroidery scissors? They're brilliant for getting up close to stitches.

Sue

Comment

WOW!

That looks really complicated!

I think that's beyond my embroidery skills at the moment!
          I think I will have to do a lot more playing before I'm confident enough to do that!
          Blog Website Flickr

Comment

This is a little simple patch I made for our local Scarecrow Festival this month

Embroidered onto felt, then trimmed and mounted onto contrasting felt and a piece of hessian. I stitched through all 3 layers over the outline of the embroidery with matching thread.
            If you wanted to, you could attach a safety pin or brooch pin to the back, or leave as is to sew onto bags/clothing.

Sue

Comment

Actually, I've just had another proper look and wahey! I've ordered loads!

Thanks for that link
              Blog Website Flickr

Comment

And next month you'll get an invitation to Happy Hour (which actually lasts all weekend!) when you'll be able to get even more designs at discount prices.

Don't forget to get the free designs every month and they have a 17cents design you can buy with any other purchase!

All their designs stitch out really well. Enjoy!

Sue

Comment

I have a Husqvarna quilt designer 2 and will only use Gutterman or Madeira threads through my machine for embroidery - Gutterman sulky rayon threads are amazingly good quality and leave such a good finish to the embroidery

Comment

Working...
                  X