Craft fair table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft fair table?

I've got a craft fair coming up where I need to bring my own table.

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap pasting type table from? My mum saw them in Focus a few months ago but when I looked this weekend nope not there anymore

Also, its got to be a folding one as we've only got a little car now

So if anyone can help please.....
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Pasting tables I don't think will be strong enough, they buckle in the middle, the table legs start to spread, won't hold any 'real' weight. With all that in mind I think long term it's not cost effective to purchase pasting tables. I have bought two different types of table, both from Homebase described as 'folding tables/picnic tables' both are around the £25 mark, one has a 'laminated' type top and is strong, 5ft in length when up, legs are well positioned for plenty storage under it. (I've had the same one for the past 4 years now) The other is a good frame with hardboard as the table top, black in colour, the legs fold out giving good strength to the table but has a cross bar from one side to the other limiting the storage under it. This one I only use for either one day events or indoor events, reason being is that the hardboard top will temporally warp if left in marquee overnight due to the damp air.

All that being said they are both still good tables compared to the 'pasting tables'

If you are needing something NOW then I recommend this table, it's the strongest I've ever used, good storage space. The only thing I had against it was weight for carrying about compared to the others, and of course price but if you can see it as an investment then it's really worth the money, Viking direct sells the same table for £99 + vat.
    http://www.ajmshopping.co.uk/more_de...ItemCode=A5366

Good luck
    Fran

Comment

Like Fran, I got that £25 laminated-top table from Homebase a few years ago.

Saying that, most places provide tables. Then some stallholders still bring their own tables and double up the table they are given in depth, or put it on the side perpendicular to the table provided (if that makes sense!)

Bea
      Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bea
        Saying that, most places provide tables.
        Yep, this is only the 2nd ever fair we've been to that has asked us to provide our own table (the last time we borrowed one from our local village hall but as we no longer have the estate car...)

The one Fran had the link to looked brilliant but I doubt we'd get enough use out of it to justify the money.

Guess I'll be trapsing around all the DIY shops then, thanks you've both given me a bit of hope that I'll find something eventually.

Comment

HI Have a look in b&q for a pasting table, or any local shop that sells wallpaper.

The others are right in that pasting tables are not very strong. It depends on the weight and number of craft items you are displaying.
          At the craft fairs i did last year, a lady next to me had a pasting table for display. As the others have said, it sagged in the middle from the weight of the stuff on the top.

I cured the problem for her by making a centre leg, to be propped under the centre of the table, holding the middle of the table level. You can use any old bit of sturdy wood to make a leg. If you make a cutout on the top of the leg it should fit nicely around the bit of wood in the centre, which prevents it from sliding about.

Providing you are not dealing with a lot of heavy items, that should do the job.
          Hope this makes sense.

cheers
          JOHN www.jbwoodcraft.co.uk

Comment

Table

Hi I have two of the tables from homebase our local one was closing and got them for £10 each I have had them for around 5 years now and they are still going strong. They get used at these three times a week, so I would definately recommend these I only have a small car too, fiat punto and they fit in the boot no problem

Hope this helps
            Deb
            Karisma Kandles
            www.karismakandles.co.uk

Comment

Thanks guys for your help really appreciated it

We finally got our table yesterday from Homebase for £25 it seems pretty sturdy so think it'll be ok.

Just got to keep my fingers crossed for fine weather on Saturday now what with the event being an outdoor thing

Comment

I plumped for a cheapy paste table which I hope is going to hold out.

The weather is meant to be fine on Saturday so I think we will be ok.
                A fresh and funky collection of handmade jewellery

www.raspberry-bloom.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by raspberrybloom

I wanted to go for the cheapy one but after unfolding them all in the shop hubby insisted we went for the stronger one agreed on the condition he carry it cos it's bloody heavy!

Yep, weathergirl on Look East said it'll be dry on Saturday so feeling far calmer about it all now - I'll be sure to visit your stall and say hi and have a nosy at your loverly jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by raspberrybloom

Good Luck on Sat.

Comment

Thank you!
                      A fresh and funky collection of handmade jewellery

www.raspberry-bloom.co.uk

Comment

Hi,
                        Bit late to this thread I know but..... I got a Makro catologue through this morning and they have a 'banquet table' for £29.99 - not sure if that is the ex vat price or not. I can't remember how big it is as I've thrown the catologue in the bin with breakfast and I don't fancy digging it out again! It does fold up though so that be another alternative for people.
                        Lynsey
                        Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                        My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                        My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Working...
                        X