Cork Mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cork Mats

Does anybody have any suggestions where I could get some very reasonably priced circular or square cork mats for the heat resistant element of scented mug mats?

I've just started making some of these, but have used felt inside as that as was all I had to hand. However, my clever Mother suggested cork coasters, so now I need to source a supply or equivalent if I am to make a stock for my stall as I am sure heat resistant mats will sell better than just fabric.

Any opinions/advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Linda

You could always try somewhere like B&Q and just buy cork tiles (used on walls). They are really easy to cut with a pair of scissors or a craft knife.

Some craft shops sell the same cork tiles but charge the earth for them by saying they are 'craft cork'. They are pretty inexpensive from what I can remember.
    - A whole world of fluffy stuff.

Comment

Scented mug mats!!!
      Whatever next.Good idea tho.
      https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Thanks feltfairy. That would be my last resort - but only because I have damaged wrists and arthritis setting in in my hands, so I can't do anything that means I have to grip something and then apply pressure to a surface for more than a couple of minutes - unfortunately that includes using a craft knife.

I found some cork mats on the Fred Aldous web site, but I was just wondering if I could get them any cheaper anywhere else.

I will be checking out the DIY shops next time I go near them.

:-)
        Linda

Comment

Scented mug mats!!!
          Whatever next.

Scented teapot/coffee pot stand if I can get the right materials and find the time!

;-)
          Linda

Comment

ASDA they have them for about 60p for 4.
            full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

ASDA they have them for about 60p for 4.

Thank you - that's just what I wanted to know. I can buy small quantities at a reasonable price.

I will see if I can get Asda's next week when I go to visit my Mum.

Thank you for your help. :-)

Linda

Comment

Working...
              X