Absolute idiots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolute idiots!

Last night when I came home, someone had blocked off the little road to round the back of our house where I park my lovely baby fiona (the fiesta!), so I had to park on the street outside our house. I just got up and looked out the window, and some idiot has gone past in the night, and pulled the wing mirror off. And the worst part is, its on the side that was on the pavement, so it had to have been done on purpose! Ive tried ringing the police but theyre just not answering. Normally I wouldnt bother, but my flatmates have had theres pulled off loads over the past few weeks, and its getting beyond a joke! I am soooooo fuming! Does anyone know what I can do? I think ill need a new wing mirror, but I realy cant afford it, and I dont want to claim on my insurance becasue it'll put the premium up.

You know what the ironic thing about it all is? Ive lived in Liverpool for 19 years, and have never seen a crime, been victim of a crime or anything, ive been in ormskirk for one year, ive witnessed a disabled man being beaten up, had my drink spiked, and between the four of us in this house, had 9 wingmirrors pulled off our cars! Who ever said that Liverpool was a dangerous city????!
    I like to make things - usually a mess!
    Please look at my stuff and let me know what you think!
    http://elephantfrills.blogspot.com/

Laura,

We have had a spate of this in our street recently it seems to be the new trend.

You have to report it not and let them know that I think much will happen.
    The police have said they will keep an eye on our street. I don't know if they will but....

Can you take Fiona to a scrap dealer for a new mirror that's probably a cheaper potion than going through the insurance.

Hope you get it fixed and it doesn't cost a fortune.

Cheers Janice
    www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Im going to take her home and try and get my daddy to fix it! Its just typical that its happened this weekend. I bought the car so that when Im on placement in a hospital I can get there for 7am. Ive been in uni, and the local hospital on placement since october, so havent actually needed the car, I start back in Alder Hey on monday, which is about 30 miles away, so I actually need the car for the first time in six months, and I cant drive it coz the wing mirror will go through the window! AAAAAHHHH!!

Comment

how frustrating must be kids they have no respect for other peoples property weve had a lot of that round here it happens more in the summer holidays im sure you will be able to pick one up at a scrap yard and dads are good my hubby used to always be sorting bits out on my youngest daughters car but she cant drive at the moment because of her epilepsy she had a little peugeot 206 she loved it her sister had it of her and some vandals smashed the windows and stole the cd player so insurance company wrote it of because of how much it was worth
        Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Oh I feel for you, these things are just so annoying, mindless vandalism for the sake of it without giving a monkeys how it inconveniences their victim

Dad sounds like a good bet! Dads are often so brill with these things bless em

Shaz x
          Keepsake Kollections
          & Rossendale Ramblings!
          http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

My comiserations....I just get disappointed in people generally when this kind of thing happens. hope your Dad can sort it out for you....

sue
            www.susiedolls.com
            www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

Last night I managed to sellotape it back to the car, but all I can see is the gutter as Im driving! Im so impressed with myself, im thinking of giving up nursing and training as a mechanic!

Comment

Poor Fiona.
                We had a spate of wing mirrors broken off last Fri/Sat night in two separate towns and a local village. Over 20 cars were damaged and in one street all the cars lost their mirrors. The usual 'game' on a Saturday night was to smash shop windows in the high street. Some of them were smashed 2 or 3 times and the shop owners couldn't get insurance for them any more. A few years ago Chard was second to Glasgow comparing crime rate v population.
                It's not a scary place and safe to walk about at night but full of vandals and petty thieves.

Melanie

Comment

Wing mirror

Really sorry to hear about your wing mirror, some people have no respect for other peoples property...

Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by lauralou1601 View Post
                    Last night I managed to sellotape it back to the car, but all I can see is the gutter as Im driving! Im so impressed with myself, im thinking of giving up nursing and training as a mechanic!
                    LOL sounds like you might be better than some mechanics out there!

Shaz x
                    Keepsake Kollections
                    & Rossendale Ramblings!
                    http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

When we used to live in Crawley, West Sussex, this used to happen all the time and it drove us mad!! It was teenagers coming out of a club and they would just kick off any mirrors they 'thought' were in their way. The only way I could save mine was to park a good foot away from the bloody curb! I still lost it though, I picked up a replacement from the breakers yard and fitted it myself - made me feel a bit better cos I bet the little b*****ds couldn't have fixed it!!
                      Debbie
                      http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...?id=1262375772

http://www.folksy.com/shops/purplemac

http://purplemac.misi.co.uk/

Comment

Where I used to live this sort of thing went through spates - one night some idiots kung-foo kicked their way down the whole street and did about 20 wing mirrors before anyone could chase them!
                        Mel

Comment

Someone smashed my wing mirror off in a car park once and then tried to balance it back in place as if it had never happened. A new one cost me about £90 and it wasn't even electric or anything special!

A street near me was attacked by a mystery tyre slasher one night. He went down a whole street damagine tyres on over 20 vehicles. A local tyre fitter turned up in the street that day doing replacements... give that man a medal for spotting a business opportunity after hearing from the first disgruntled resident!

I would say report it to the police as they need to know what is happening in a particular area. If it is happening a lot and everyone lets them know, they will be able to raise the profile/presence in that area to hopefully reduce the problem.

Whether or not you then use the crime report number to make an insurance claim is a different matter... I'm sure your excess wouldn't cover it as I know most don't!

Si.
                          Wood Tattoos
                          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                          Facebook
                          Flickr
                          Twitter

Comment

sorry to hear about Fiona! I've had similar problems and we got one from an online search, there's several sites that do this sort of thing but if you do a google search for 'online breakers yard' it should come up with a few sites.
                            Sorry I've not been a member long enough to post URL's but there's one called breakeryard.com that you could try.

Comment

My heart goes out to you, you may find you can't claim on your insurance anyway... My car was broken in to a year or so ago - they smashed 3 windows to get in and tried to hot wire it unsuccessfully but were successfull in wrecking the engine management system!

I did call the Police, they turnned up 48 hours later - by which time i had discovered that some druggy had gone on the rampage and broke in to 11 cars in one night. The Police caught him red handed smashing in to the last car, he had a radio in his pocket from one car he had tourched and property from another car in his pocket. he also left a knife in my car. the police recorded the crime on my car as 'vehicle tampering'.

It cost me about £300 to fix and i couldn't claim on my insurance as it was only covered 3rd party, fire and theift, but we were told by the police that we may be able to make a claim through the criminal injuries board once the case had gone to court.

The moron responsible was eventually taken to court and about 20 other crimes were taken in to account. HOWEVER all charges were dropped due to lack of evidence!

The ironic thing is that there was about a 15 minute period between me going out (in my husbands car) and my 17 year old son arriving home and finding the damage to my car. Whilst the police man was visiting my son said that had he come home a few minutes earlier and caught him in he act he would have hit him over the head with some wood he had just bought. The police man said he could then have been done for assult, no doubt he would probably have gone to court sooner and be found guilty!

sorry folks i know this is a crafting forum but even us crafters need to get things off our chest sometimes!

xxChris

Comment

Working...
                              X