Can anyone please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone please help!

Obviously I'm a hopeless technophobe but I just can't do anything vaguely interesting with my blog!

I wanted to add the badge link for the "i took the handmade pledge" page but I can't figure out where or how. I'm starting to lose it and am starting to feel the need to throw something. Grrr

Can anyone please help! And/or give any (nice and simple) tips on how to improve the blog in general.

I was thinking of buying Mr Site but this whole palava (how do you spell that?! ) has really put me off the idea.
    Yvonne
    x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
    My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

sorry cant help you my blog is really boring all ive managed to do is add pictures havent worked out how to do anything else yet im another technophobe but im sure someone will be able to help i beginnong to wonder what im meant to do with the blog i only did it so i could link my pictures of my stuff i havent had one comment yet so i dont know if even works
    Jan xx

http://craftyjan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Is it a clickable banner your after?

I'm not great at blogs but if you take a look at mine and if thats the type of thing you mean on the side then i can help further.
      Emma
      Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
      Sassy Crafts Blog
      My Blog

Comment

One thing i just noticed is you haven't got a blog header. That would really brighten it up and let people know what they are looking at.

Hope that helps
        Emma
        Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
        Sassy Crafts Blog
        My Blog

Comment

Hi Yvonne,

I'm usless at all that stuff but I see that you have a shop on Etsy.com how is that working out for you. A friend of mine just recommended it to me but I wondered with so many jewellers out there if I'd sell anything?

Would love to know how you are getting on with it.

Carol Shaw
          bespoke handmade jewellery
          Carol
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/CarolShawJewellery

Comment

Originally posted by EMEvans View Post
            One thing i just noticed is you haven't got a blog header. That would really brighten it up and let people know what they are looking at.

Hope that helps
            Hi EM! I've got someone working on a banner and avatar for me but she's being a bit slow about it. She's just moved house. But I'm really looking forward to get it all uploaded. I totally agree it makes a world of difference to blogs and shops.
            Yvonne
            x

Comment

Originally posted by Carol29 View Post
              Hi Yvonne,

I'm usless at all that stuff but I see that you have a shop on Etsy.com how is that working out for you. A friend of mine just recommended it to me but I wondered with so many jewellers out there if I'd sell anything?

Would love to know how you are getting on with it.

Carol Shaw
              bespoke handmade jewellery
              Hi Carol,

I haven't actually sold anything on Etsy yet! But I still think the site is great and very well put together. It is very user friendly and way cheaper than eBay.

I know a lot of the other crafters on this forum have done really well on Etsy (which does worry me a bit!) so don't let my lack of sales put you off. If you just put a search for the word Etsy it will bring up loads of threads about people's experiences.

It is very daunting the number of people on there, and there are so many jewellers! But there's so many different styles and tastes to cater for that you'll always find a niche.

Let me know how you get on! Feel free to contact us if you have any queries or need any help with setting up your shop!
              Yvonne
              x

Comment

Originally posted by mymiyel View Post
                palava (how do you spell that?! ) has really put me off the idea.
                Just catching up so apologies if you've already found it and added it but I have the handmade pledge thingy at the bottom of my Blog if you need it, most of them can link you through to getting one of your own by clicking on someone else's

...and you only wanted an r on the end and you were there! Aint spelling a palavar?!

Shaz x
                Keepsake Kollections
                & Rossendale Ramblings!
                http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Yep I've got the little box on my website too - you'd just have to right click on it and then save it to your computer and then you can upload it onto your blog!

Good luck!

I've got a Mr Site site too and there is quite a few threads on here about the ups and downs of having one, but I find it fine! Just don't buy direct from Mr Site - shop around as you can get it quite a bit cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by Focus on Life View Post

...and you only wanted an r on the end and you were there! Aint spelling a palavar?!

Shaz x
                    Hey Shaz!

I meant a synonym for fuss, kerfuffle. But yes I think your palavar is right! Thanks!

Thanks for the help too! I'll let you know how I get on!
                    Yvonne
                    x

Comment

Originally posted by Tip Top View Post
                      I've got a Mr Site site too and there is quite a few threads on here about the ups and downs of having one, but I find it fine! Just don't buy direct from Mr Site - shop around as you can get it quite a bit cheaper!
                      Thanks Tip Top!

I'm very scared by the prospect of building my own site (if you've read any of my previous "I just don't get it" threads you'll understand why!) but the prices for someone to build one for you is just so much so I figure I might as well try do it myself first then at least when I'm paying the web developer i can say "i did try!"

Be prepared for many more how to questions - that's all I can say!
                      Yvonne
                      x

Comment

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've done it! I've finally done it!!!!!

I have finally managed to get a badge of the handmade pledge thingy onto the side of my blog! And that started something because now I even have my logo and links to my Etsy and Dawanda shops on there!

Who'd have thunk lil old me could do all that on me own!

Thanks to you all for your help! You're so great - don't know what I'd do (or what I did) without you!
                        Yvonne
                        x

Comment

Working...
                        X