Certification???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certification???

I would like to sell some bath bombs, soaps etc but I hear that you have to have certification? I hear this is expensive? Is is worth it? I make some other stuff aswell should I just stick to them? Where do you get certification, how do you get it, do you have to send off one of everything you make? Sorry about all the questions, but I don't understand why you have to do this... Any one who can help please help. Thanks.
    Caz
    x

There are lots of post on certification I suggest you read through them and you will find out the information you require.

Comment

Do you still need to get your own soaps cerified again if you only use certified products?

All the ingredients I use are certified but I dont know if I then need to certify the soap I have made?

Emma

Comment

Originally posted by BeanyCraft View Post
        Do you still need to get your own soaps cerified again if you only use certified products?

All the ingredients I use are certified but I dont know if I then need to certify the soap I have made?

Emma
        If you are altering the composition of the original ingredients at all or combining them with other ingredients to make a product then yes, you need certification in place *before* selling the product...

So adding bicarb to citric to make a bath bomb; adding fragrance to a M&P soap base etc all require independent certification to determine the end product is safe for use...

Plus adherance to the EU legislation on labelling, record keeping and for soap making you'll also need to register with BERR...

HTH x
        Ann-Marie
        The Soap Cellar

Comment

Working...
        X