Soaps with olive oil?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soaps with olive oil?

Has anyone here tried making handmade soaps with olive oil in it? How has it come out for you?

I have seen some recipes online wherein they put 45% olive oil as ingredient but I am a bit hesitant on it since the soap may not come out as bubbly or as effective. Also might be a bit of an oily feeling.

Eww, sounds horrible to me, but some might like it.
    Just so you can see my work, my FB page https://www.facebook.com/iconstudiossouthampton/

Comment

Jane from Just Soaps makes a lot of soaps and more. She is qualified to give you an answer. Would you be making for yourself or to sell? If to sell you have to register and have your recipes tested by a chemist.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
        Jane from Just Soaps makes a lot of soaps and more. She is qualified to give you an answer. Would you be making for yourself or to sell? If to sell you have to register and have your recipes tested by a chemist.
        I'm not selling, I'm planning to make them as gifts for birthdays and other special occasions. I would love to have Jane's opinion on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly42 View Post
          Eww, sounds horrible to me, but some might like it.
          yeah, which is why I'm asking if anyone here has added olive oil to their handmade soaps. From what I learned, the pictures of the soaps made of 45% olive oil looked nice and pretty but is it effective, bubbly, or good texture-wise? That I have to know.

Comment

Hi Vivinka - we use quite a high % of olive oil in our soaps - you can put in as much as you like even 100%, though the saponification process will take longer.

Always run your formula through a soap calc to check for moisturising, bubbliness etc

Nane
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
            FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

This is really the first time I heard about it, but it was very interesting.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X