Product insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product insurance

Hi I have just joined crafts forum and was thinking of making and selling soaps and bathbombs, I have checked out what I need to do, assessments weights and measure scales, but not sure if I should get product insurance, I was quoted £700-£800.

Can an anyone give me their views and experience PLEASE.

ELAINE

Regardless of what you sell, you have to have public and product liability insurance..
    I use Ian Wallace craft insurance.

Dave.

Comment

I am insured via A-N which is specifically for crafters and artists. Not sure about making your sort of stuff though, I suspect that there may be more involved. Check with Just Soaps.

Pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

The figure you have quoted does seem a little on the high side, but it may be relevant to your particular circumstances and reflect considerations of which I am not aware.

As well as checking with Just Soaps (she is a member of this forum, but also has a web site), enquire of dedicated craft insurers (Google will bring up some options), or within any other relevant groups of which you may be a member (facebook, national guilds etc). Sometimes national guilds/associations will have negotiated advantageous arrangements with insurance brokers/companies for their members.

I make and sell low risk home made food products and my insurance is much lower than the figures you quoted - but, my creative work is seasonal, and I sell only at local fairs/shows/galas etc. No online selling and only one local third party selling my products, within all regulations.

Good luck with your search.
        Linda

Comment

Working...
        X