Shampoo question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shampoo question

Hi, so glad I found this place it's amazing ! I'm studying Holistic skincare and have my own male grooming business. I'm looking to develop a shampoo/shower gel? It's has to be 100% natural... I've made a few in the past but theyhave all been like water and used castile soap. I want it to have a thicker texture.. any help? Or recipies I can adapt to suit gents skin and hair?

Mark

Hi Mark, I am trying to reply to your post but I cannot post links until after I have made 25 submissions. If you go to The Soap Kitchen and then to their Recipes And Guides section there are some recipes for things like foaming shower cream. And if you go to Aromantic, click on Skin Care Library, then Recipes, then Hair Care, there is a recipe for everyday shampoo. Perhaps this could get you started with experimenting to find what you want. You will probably have to work out what you are looking for in 100% natural versus performance as sometimes there has to be a balance between the two. You can't always make a product that is what you would call 100% natural that performs exactly the same as a product made using more processed ingredients.

HTH

Roxy

Comment

Fantastic thanks Roxy! I'll take a look

Comment

Also, if you go to swiftcraftymonkey's blog she has pages about chemistry of the hair and formulating shampoo from back in 2010.

Have lots of fun experimenting and creating your own formula.

Roxy

Comment

May be trying to use special shampoo base? Before you will try more complicated shampoo recipes. I would start from a special base

Comment

Working...
          X