Making pressed eyeshadows?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making pressed eyeshadows?

Hi, I've wanted to try my hand at making pressed eyeshadows...I don't necessarily need them to be vegan but it would be a nice thing if they could be.
    I notice a lot of etsy sellers who sell "vegan"eyeshadows use a...long long list of ingredients. Whereas the online guides I see use too few that lead me to believe it would produce a poor quality product. I'm just wondering what the essentials are without it being too cheap or too involved?

Mica is obviously a must, and I'd like to avoid talc.
    Does it matter what binder? Jojoba or fractioned coconut oil, alcohol???, or other oils. What's the difference?
    Heck, what are the ratios of wet to dry? I'm very lost here.

examples of ingredient lists i've found on etsy

Sample 1: Ingredients: Mica(s), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin Clay, Silicon Dioxide, Allantoin, Carnauba Wax, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isopropyl Myristate, Bis-Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Dimethicone.

Sample 2:
    Ingredients: mica, titanium dioxide, ferric ferrocyanide, calcium sodium borosilicate, tin oxide, kaolin, carnauba wax, dimethcone, vitamin E oil, sweet almond oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, paraffinnum liquidum, hydrogenated polyisobutene, cyclopentasiloxane, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol

Sample 3:
    Ingredients - Mica, propyl alcohol, coconut oil, purified vitamin E oil, vegetable glycerin, maizena, phenoxyethenol & ethylhexyglycerin (plant based preservative).

Like, yikes. What a difference. Then I've googled up some "pre-made" bases and while they seem promising at 28 bucks a pound (which would make about 250 eyeshadows) I also don't like not knowing the true ingredients of something I'd be making..

Anyone who makes eyeshadows it would be great for some tips

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about ingredients of eyeshadow (don't use it myself) so can't help there, but someone may be able to give you advice on where to get conclusive information (you mentioned bucks in your post so I wonder if you are in USA which may have different regulations to UK about what can and can't be included).

Linda

Comment

Working...
    X