EU referendum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU referendum

Wonder what will happen to cosmetic safety assessments if the referendum result is for Britain to come out of the EU? Will they still be required?

Could be interesting times ahead!

The EU is the last bastion for our wildlife, both flora and fauna so I hope we will be members for ever!!

Comment

I hope we stay in the EU but the current regulations for cosmetic products are a nightmare for small scale producers. Think it's important products are safe but the current rules are strangling legitimate small businesses who want to stay within the law while others ignore the laws and hope they don't get caught.
      June

www.ironbridgesoap.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/IronbridgeSoap

Comment

I agree with all you say apart from staying in the EU. I won't be voting to stay in.

Comment

Oh well. Not long to wait now.

Comment

What did others think of the result?

Comment

Doesn't really matter what we think about the result - it has been decided - end of?

Jane
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
              FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Not really as far as cosmetic safety assessments are concerned. They were imposed on us by the EU in 2008. Before then it was OK to sell soaps, bath bombs etc. without one.

I have posted a question on my assessor's Facebook page asking for good, clear guidance on the need for them in the future to avoid confusion. I'm confused already.

Comment

Originally posted by Diane Allen View Post
                  Not really as far as cosmetic safety assessments are concerned. They were imposed on us by the EU in 2008. Before then it was OK to sell soaps, bath bombs etc. without one.

I have posted a question on my assessor's Facebook page asking for good, clear guidance on the need for them in the future to avoid confusion. I'm confused already.

Your last question this afternoon was "What did others think of the result?" to which I responded.

Nothing will change for at least 2 years, I cannot see TDS ripping up the law books overnight?

Jane
                  www.just-soaps.com
                  Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                  FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                  Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Neither can I.

I cant see anyone removing the need for cosmetic safety assessments as it would be a retrograde step which it can be argued was put in place to protect the consumer.

If we as cosmetic sellers in the UK, wish to trade or sell to anyone within the EU we would still need to comply with all parts of the safety assessment regs anyway. But it will be at least two years once we invoke Article 50 and that isn't happening yet anyway so neither trading standards or your cosmetic safety assessor will be able to give you any guidance other than "nothing has changed".

I wouldn't waste any time of fretting about it, you still need assessments either way!

Comment

Wakey wakey people. Nothing is going to change apart from the names of those who are in charge of making decisions. The rules are definitely going to remain the same. Cost too much to start amending them all. If will take approximately ten years to actually separate from the EU and most countries in the world are going to be loathe to have any trade agreements with a nation that has effectively rejected one of the biggest trade centres in bhe world. Sorry but we have made a boo boo here. Not a big fan of the EU but we were in it and should have continued making the most of it.
                      Last edited by bodrighy; 24-06-2016, 09:20 PM.
                      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                      Facebook

Website

Comment

I agree with Pete, I did vote to stay in. We have cut off our nose to spite our face. Overseas trade will now be more difficult, foreign travel and currency will now cost loads more, our human rights and workers' rights are now at huge risk. We can probably wave goodbye to paternity leave for a start. I know the EU wasn't perfect, but what is? I think it was the least bad, if you know what I mean. But, the die is now cast and we have to get on with it and make the best of it. I really hope I am wrong about the down sides of leaving, but I fear I am not.
                        Daesul

http://www.clairemanwani.com
                        http://www.folksy.com/shops/clairemanwani
                        http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ClaireManwaniPottery

Comment

I can only take comfort in that my little bit of Nottinghamshire voted to remain. I think this was very definitely a protest vote; people were voting against the government and I think it had little to do with Europe. To say I'm disappointed is putting it mildly, but we are just going to have to get on with it.

Comment

I'm finding your replies to me rather upsetting and bullying. Just because you are upset at the result there's no need to take it out on me. Won't be posting on here again

Comment

Whilst I certainly don't see anything bullying or even worthy of upset, this just reminds me why forums like this should steer well clear of politics.
                              george
                              www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                              www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                              www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Working...
                              X