Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be worried

Hi to you all!

I'm sending in my receipes for assessment (hopefully they will pass) very soon and nearly all my ingredients come from one supplier
    what happens if this supplier unfortunately goes bust, will my assessment certificate become obsolete?

Kind regards,
    Graham

Ask your assessor? I only use eo and other pure oils and botanicals so can only tell you about them -I did not need to submit info re suppliers to my assessor however I keep records re suppliers and batch numbers that I use for traceability. The main problem I see is if you use a particular fragrance oil which is only available at your supplier- this exposes you to risk?

Comment

If your ingredients are fairly generic eg 'glycerin' then you shouldn't have to specify a supplier. But if your ingredients are mixtures or if they have specific legal purity requirements then your assessor is likely going to need to know the supplier (and you will may have to specify the supplier in your safety assessment). Some assessors allow you to put down multiple suppliers which is one way round it, and I imagine most assessors will also make minor changes to suppliers for minimal cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Woman View Post
        Ask your assessor? I only use eo and other pure oils and botanicals so can only tell you about them -I did not need to submit info re suppliers to my assessor however I keep records re suppliers and batch numbers that I use for traceability. The main problem I see is if you use a particular fragrance oil which is only available at your supplier- this exposes you to risk?
        [QUOTE=GeraldineGarrs;624670]If your ingredients are fairly generic eg 'glycerin' then you shouldn't have to specify a supplier. But if your ingredients are mixtures or if they have specific legal purity requirements then your assessor is likely going to need to know the supplier (and you will may have to specify the supplier in your safety assessment). Some assessors allow you to put down multiple suppliers which is one way round it, and I imagine most assessors will also make minor changes to suppliers for minimal cost.[/QUOTe

Both replies have been very helpful - Thank you so much, I appreciate your time.
        Graham

Comment

Working...
        X