Honey and Oatmeal Soap..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honey and Oatmeal Soap..

I made some on my soap making course the other day.... (see picture) I just love it .... I know the base recipe but wasn't told the weights etc of the honey and oats on the course..

I have been reading up and have found the following on the internet...

oats - 1teaspoon (5ml) per 1lb of the batch
    honey - 5% of the total of the oils in the recipe

does this sound about right?

Thank You

3.jpg

Hi have no idea if thats right as I dont make soap, but honey and oats sounds like it would smell divine! Great that you are doing so well on your course :-)
    "Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools"- Napoleon Bonaparte
    www.fallfromgrace349.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gemma86 View Post
      I made some on my soap making course the other day.... (see picture) I just love it .... I know the base recipe but wasn't told the weights etc of the honey and oats on the course..

I have been reading up and have found the following on the internet...

oats - 1teaspoon (5ml) per 1lb of the batch
      honey - 5% of the total of the oils in the recipe

does this sound about right?

Thank You
      I find it most odd that whilst on a course you were not told the percentages or weights of your formulas?

Always work with the same weights ie not teaspoons, mls and lbs - you will end up with an inconsistent formula, best to work in mg, grams and kgs

Well done

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I was told on the day the weights of the oils, sodium hydroxide and water, just not the honey and oats. I wasn't told how to work them out for new recipes, I would like to forumlate my own

I am sure I will get there - grams work best for me, well have done so far lol.

Thank You

Comment

Gemma - don't worry you will get there. If you'd like to concoct your own recipes, here's my soap tutorial - scroll down quite far and you will see the heading CREATING YOUR OWN RECIPE - http://makingskincare.com/how-to-make-soap/

Comment

a very nice tutorial- thank you)

Comment

Working...
            X