Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I have done it....

Hi all

I posted here back in November type time I think it was asking questions etc .... since then I have done heaps of reading on the net and had my head stuck in a couple of books!

I have also booked myself onto a 1-2-1 'Soap Making for Business' course, I wanted to be shown by an 'expert' the best way to make CP soap and also learn all the legal things from someone in the field too! I have been reading up on all the legalities - wow there is a lot to think about, it did initially put me off but I REALLY want to learn something new, plus I feel it will be a great sense of achievement if I can pull it all off and get the legal bit correct too!

Sooooo excited about my course - can't wait to get started now. I plan on starting off with soaps with a view to branching out into bath bombs, body scrubs, exfoliants etc.

I have also been playing around with words to try and come up with a good name... in addition to thinking about packaging! Was anyone else this excited?

Gem x

I don't make soaps but I get very excited by thinking of new products and the associated packaging etc. Good luck with your new venture!
    Lucy Blossom
    Shop and blog: http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
    https://www.facebook.com/LucyBlossomCrafts

Comment

Sounds like you have been busy. Good luck with the course. I hope you find it very useful.
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

All sounds exciting, best of luck with your course. Im sure It'l be a really great experience :-)
        "Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools"- Napoleon Bonaparte
        www.fallfromgrace349.wordpress.com

Comment

Good luck with the course, I did the busines and soap making course with Melinda Coss in 2012, now I feel I am ready to sell but I am still learning and have questions to ask.
          http://www.beadaliciousbeads.co.uk
          http://www.facebook.com/Beadaliciousbeads
          http://beadaliciousbeads.blogspot.com/

Comment

Best of luck with the course and your new venture. It's always exciting learning and exploring new avenues, enjoy!

Comment

Thanks everyone

Will update once I've done the course in a few weeks - don't want to wish my time away but I can't wait! x

Comment

YES! Gemma, I totally know how you're feeling!!! .. think I am driving my boyfriend a little crazy because he's really good at coming up with names (for soap - luckily I already have a 'brand' name) so I've been drilling him a bit about it!

I too went on the Melinda Coss course!

..and will be doing the business course at some point this year too. In the meantime, I'm going to just keep practicing what I learnt so I really understand it all...and also trying out body butters, scrubs etc .... it sounds like we're aiming for the same thing!
                nuvonova.com

Comment

Oh goodness yes, I need peed my pants with happiness on the day I first opened the door to the shop. When I look back at how little stock I had, how little knowledge I had, how unprepared I was for every single event I am amazed that I made it, but make it I did and so will you.

I wish for you fortitute, kindness of others and all the luck the world can give you in your new venture

Comment

I did my course on Tuesday and loved it! I made 3 batches of cold process soap (which is what I want to do) and also a batch of melt and pour just to see the difference really

I made a batch of honey and oatmeal, tea tree & clay and a Grapefruit scented soap. I also did one batch with all of these layers on just so I could see how to do layered soaps - here are some of my pics

I now have a question (which I didn't think to ask on my course as it only came to me yesterday lol) - with regards to your safety assessment - are you allowed to use the same recipe but present it in a different form? Say for instance I use the same recipe and make a swirly soap with it, but then want to make a layered soap with it? Or if I have a little left over use say a flower silicone soap mold as opposed to just soap bars? Hope that makes sense lol.

Out of all of these the honey and oats are my fave - it sort of smells like ginger biscuits! x
                    Attached Files

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X