X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice for a newbie?

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and after some advice please

I started setting up a soap making business a few years ago but due to a change in persona circumstances never launched. I'm now hoping to get started again but my budget is limited. I know the safety assessments I had done are no longer compliant after the change in legislation last year so am looking to get them redone. Do you think six variations on soap (from a M&P base) and bath bombs are enough to get going? My original assessments were much more open ended so I had much more scope to make more products.

Any advice you can offer on getting started would be greatly appreciated. I'm feeling quite disheartened after my first lot of research

Thanks x

to the forum.
    Lucy Blossom
    Shop and blog: http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
    https://www.facebook.com/LucyBlossomCrafts

Comment

Hi. We started off with only 4 different fragrances!! We only had goats milk cp soaps, in 4 different fragrances But it got us started. We now have 13 fragrances, a well as liquid soaps and bath salts. Sometimes if you have only a few very nice and special products,that can be better than a huge product list that clutters your stall, and the customer doesn't get lost amongst it all!! Good luck with it all!

Comment

this handy group
        Last edited by itunu; 30-11-2017, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Do you have a business plan in place? That's where I would start. For licensing, I would go to your local city hall and ask what is required. Some counties require a home inspection. Are you planning on doing local craft shows?

Comment

Originally posted by teginder81 View Post
            Do you have a business plan in place? That's where I would start. For licensing, I would go to your local city hall and ask what is required. Some counties require a home inspection. Are you planning on doing local craft shows?
            The OP is in the UK, where EU regulations apply to the production of soap for sale to the public. One cannot simply obtain a 'licence' to sell home-produced soap from some 'local city hall', whatever that may be.

Neither 'a local city hall' nor a county has any say in the matter regarding the EU regulations, and the requirements for safety assessments.

BTW, 'teginder81', welcome to the forum! What part of the world are you from, and what crafts do you enjoy?
            Last edited by eena; 02-03-2014, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Hi welcome to the forum, wish you the best of luck with your venture :-)
              "Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools"- Napoleon Bonaparte
              www.fallfromgrace349.wordpress.com

Comment

Your assessment should still be valid contact your assessor and ask for an updated assessment .

Comment

Originally posted by eena View Post
                  The OP is in the UK, where EU regulations apply to the production of soap for sale to the public. One cannot simply obtain a 'licence' to sell home-produced soap from some 'local city hall', whatever that may be.

Neither 'a local city hall' nor a county has any say in the matter regarding the EU regulations, and the requirements for safety assessments.

BTW, 'teginder81', welcome to the forum! What part of the world are you from, and what crafts do you enjoy?
                  hi i am from USA and when it come to craft i prefer any craft, card making, stamping, knitting, crochet, scrap booking every kind of craft love it!!thank for asking

Comment

check with your assessor, as they may well have updated them free of charge once you have them I believe they are yours for life!!! just check, don't waste your money find out first.... mine was updated I asked the question before I purchased!!!! Yes I have a very open ended assessment...... so please check before you spend... good luck Elaine.

Comment

seven times checking before spending)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X