Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hygiene - Homemade beauty

Hi Guys,

I'm going to sterilise all my tools before I start but just wondering if there are any other precautions to take?

Do you need a health and safety certificate to make products from home?

Totally new to this so really appreciate any response.

Elle x
    Last edited by elle1986; 27-10-2013, 12:32 PM.

Originally posted by elle1986 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I'm making a body oil in my kitchen to sell at craft fairs ect. Just wondering if anyone has any advice around hygiene, making sure my mix stays bacteria free ect.

I'm going to sterilise all my tools before I start but just wondering if there are any other precautions to take?

Do you need a health and safety certificate to make products from home?

Totally new to this so really appreciate any response.

Elle x
    Hi - Although I don't make body products (I make jams etc), I'd say you can't just make cosmetic products without the appropriate safety certificates for your product. I'm sure someone who makes this kind of thing will come along and let you know, but from speaking to people who make soaps, the process for registering and logging your recipes/safety assessments is fairly rigorous.

Comment

Thanks JamLady x

Comment

Hi elle

Welcome to the forum, you have to have safety assessments before you can sell your products and now we have to load everything onto a portal.

Your local trading standards dept will be able to point you in the right direction

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Thanks so much Jane... that's a great help!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X