Assessments etc for soaps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assessments etc for soaps

Quick question... I met a lady at a craft fair over the weekend who made lovely soaps/bath bombs etc. I asked about her safety assessments etc (as I like to know what I'm buying is safe to use). She said that she didn't have to do them, because the place she bought all her supplies from had individual assessments already done on each ingredient, so she could just use those. Is this correct? I had (possibly incorrectly) assumed that you still needed to have the assessments etc done on your own recipes/makes, as putting things together could change the properties etc...

Yes, she does need safety assessments for everything she makes, unless she doesn't make them herself but tries to pass them off as her own.

Comment

Yes, she does need safety assessments for each product and they have to be registered on the CNP website - without doing so will invalidate any insurance and she could have the book thrown at her - £12,000 fine and 10 years custodial:-(

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X