How to make body spray body mist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make body spray body mist

Does anyone have any tutorials or how tos on body spray/body mist or linen spray?.
    I've looked all over the forum and can't find any!.

Originally posted by chimeracraft View Post
    Does anyone have any tutorials or how tos on body spray/body mist or linen spray?.
    I've looked all over the forum and can't find any!.
    Found a couple on Pinterest.
    www.treasurebin.com
    Craft supplies, Cakeware, Crystals
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Blog

Comment

thanks i'm more after commercial recipes using things like Cyclopentasiloxane Spray Base as making it with vodka would turn out a tad pricey!.

Comment

Some people suggest vodka
        Last edited by itunu; 30-11-2017, 09:29 PM.

Comment

thanks for the help, i just discovered denatured alcohol to though i'm not sure about using water because you'd need some sort of preservative.
          other thread?.

i've searched room spray to no avail.

Comment

Originally posted by chimeracraft View Post
            thanks for the help, i just discovered denatured alcohol to though i'm not sure about using water because you'd need some sort of preservative.
            other thread?.

i've searched room spray to no avail.
            Are you sure you would need a preservative in addition to the alcohol? Water miscable alchols usually help to clarify a product (stop it going cloudy) and to preserve it. I used to work in the solvent industy as a technical sales person sourcing and selling materials. Alcohol is also used as a preservative in food and drink ie fruit in alcohol. I don't know for definate as I don't know the ratios you intend to use. (I have been a Chemist and Microbiologist for over thirty years).

Comment

If you use 25% ethanol
              Last edited by itunu; 30-11-2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

I've made body spray with both Cyclopentasiloxane (http://www.sensoryperfection.co.uk/s...t.asp?One=3742) and alcohol. I do find that the alcohol smell (yes even denatured does smell) does come through.
                I do tend to make it up with a 70% solution because many fos/eos come out of solution in anything less.
                The question as to a recipe I just add about up to 5% fo/eo to either base, mix and spray

Comment

Another very simple 2 ingredient alternative
                  Last edited by itunu; 30-11-2017, 09:55 PM.

Comment

i have tried using cylomethicone and fragrance oil and the spray is shiny/oily, so i don't think this would work on fabrics as it would stain.

Comment

so i would go with the formula i suggested here instead - http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...233-Room-spray

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X