Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee soap problems

Hello everybody,

I joined this forum only today so don't know my way around yet. I live in London, UK.

I am new to soap making and only started last week. I find it fascinating and have already made three batches, the first two being recipes from a book. As they were very successful, I felt confident and made my own coffee soap concoction. It seemed to be OK and traced without any problems but now there seems to be a wet patch in the middle that does not go away as you can see from the attached photo. The weather is very hot at the moment so I would expect it to dry but it does not seem to. I wonder if the soap is ruined...

My recipe was:
    255g coconut oil
    595g olive oil
    255 strong coffee made with purified water and cooled
    116g lye
    2 teaspoons clary sage essential oil
    45g ground oat flakes
    2 tablespoons coffee grounds
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Where did I go wrong?

I would be very grateful if somebody had a minute and could help.

I am not sure what salutations are used on this forum. So, best regards and thanks in anticipation.
    Nicolecoffee soap.jpg

I don't think your soap is ruined. It looks like it's gelled. Did you insulate it? How did you let it set?

Comment

Originally posted by Busy Bee Beauty View Post
      I don't think your soap is ruined. It looks like it's gelled. Did you insulate it? How did you let it set?
      I covered it with a towel for 24 hours afterwards and took it out of the moulds then. I decided today to have a look at the inside of one of the bars and the soap is extremely soft. I think I should be more patient and have decided to do nothing for a week...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X