Salon making own scrub without license

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salon making own scrub without license

Someone I know was talking about making a lip scrub to use as treatment in her salon (she probably is using this already) using glycerine, rose oil and sugar. I explained to her that although it is a natural remedy she still needs to get this safety assessed as it is going on someones skin and recipes are restricted by quantities etc., and also that it is illegal to do this. She also uses my hair treatment oil to help people grow eye brows. I explained that the oil was for a specific purpose and she shouldn't be doing this. I am actually thinking of writing to her disclaiming liability if the product is used for any other purpose other than what is it is specifically intended for. Please advice.

I believe making a scrub for use as part of the salon treatment is fine as long as it's for one use only and mixed specifically for the client. It's something that is covered in the curriculum when training to be a therapist along with natural and clay masks. If she were to make it in advance in large batches then this would be different.
    As far as your oil being used for unintended purposes then a disclaimer would be a good idea.

Comment

I would think that if the bottle is labled that it is for a set purpose then the problem won't land on your doorstep. As to the scrub, I am no soap maker but I have read on here many times that this is a no-go. I am sure someone will be on to confirm and give you more details.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

As a beauty therapist I'm covered to provide treatments including making up masks and exfoliators for use on clients.
        These would be specific to the individual. My insurance would allow such treatments.
        However I would not be allowed to make batches or to sell on. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying this guys, it is very helpful, i will be doing the disclaimer in any case just to be safe.
          Originally posted by Busy Bee Beauty View Post
          As a beauty therapist I'm covered to provide treatments including making up masks and exfoliators for use on clients.
          These would be specific to the individual. My insurance would allow such treatments.
          However I would not be allowed to make batches or to sell on. Hope this helps.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X