Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new regulations and the COSMETIC PRODUCTS NOTIFICATION PORTAL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new regulations and the COSMETIC PRODUCTS NOTIFICATION PORTAL?

Has anyone registered yet? If so, was wondering what your experience was like....have you started uploading your information or anything? I have just registered and waiting for access but would be interested to know about other people's experiences....
    for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
    plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
    Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Looks a minefield to me Jude with all the new rules and regs especially as seems to cover giving as gifts now as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
      Looks a minefield to me Jude with all the new rules and regs especially as seems to cover giving as gifts now as well.
      Our TS dept kindly sent us a 227 page user manual to help us fill it in:-)

That's right Caroline - from July you cannot make soap or cosmetics just to give to family/friends without assessments and filling in the portal - complete with pictures of labels and description of packaging.

But do the public know or care?
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post

But do the public know or care?
        I suspect not...

Comment

I agree think they will still make and give but with the new regs could be open to all sorts of law suits

Comment

Do the kits that one can buy in shops contain the 227-page manual mentioned above, I wonder?
            Can one make stuff and gift it to ones'self?
            If my friend - with my permission, but without my physical assistance - picks a bunch of eau-de-cologne mint from my back garden to hang under the showerhead, am I liable to prosecution if an ant drops off it and bites her bum?

Hmmm ...

Comment

Originally posted by eena View Post
              Do the kits that one can buy in shops contain the 227-page manual mentioned above, I wonder?
              Can one make stuff and gift it to ones'self?
              If my friend - with my permission, but without my physical assistance - picks a bunch of eau-de-cologne mint from my back garden to hang under the showerhead, am I liable to prosecution if an ant drops off it and bites her bum?

Hmmm ...
              You would have to take a picture of cologne mint - load it onto web based portal complete with packaging used and a picture of the label with a warning "may contain ants which like biting bums" so not suitable for Vegans:-)
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Actually, I reread it and it does say "commercially produced" - so friends and family gifting doesn't have to be registered...neither does your mint, Eena although that doesn't preclude your friend from suing you anyway

Comment

Mmmm! I keep changing my mind over packaging. Didn't realize it was included.
                  Had a look at it but haven't registered yet.
                  Better get my act together and decide what I want to go with.

Comment

so friends and family gifting doesn't have to be registered...neither does your mint, Eena although that doesn't preclude your friend from suing you anyway
                    I would demand, in court, that she show exhibit A (the bite) and exhibit B (the accused ant) to the open court in order to prove that the ant was not previously an established resident of her showerhead and merely trying to defend itself from what it perceived as a threat to evict it, by deliberately tempting it onto a bunch of aromatic herbs ...

a warning "may contain ants which like biting bums" so not suitable for Vegans:-)
                    Surely the warning should be for the ants 'WARNING - this mint may end up in a non-vegan household, so you may be SQUASHED'.

Seriously, eau-de-cologne mint make your bathroom smell like old-fashioned 4711 cologne, when you run hot water over it!

Comment

Originally posted by eena View Post

Seriously, eau-de-cologne mint make your bathroom smell like old-fashioned 4711 cologne, when you run hot water over it!
                      Ohh bye eck Eena- you are showing your age:-)
                      www.just-soaps.com
                      Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

4711. Gosh, that was a blast from the past. Boots when they had counters and assistants to serve one. Unfortunately I remember it well. Can't remember if I liked it or not though.
                        Carol
                        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I did say it was 'old-fashioned' - I remember my aunty rubbing a stick of icy-cold sort-of-solidified 4711 on my forehead when I was about 6. My aunty was very much older than my dad, and very religious ... so I've always associated 4711 with churches, somehow!

Anyway, this particular mint plant smells just like my memory - there's no way you'd want to make mint sauce from it!

Comment

Originally posted by Busy Bee Beauty View Post
                            Mmmm! I keep changing my mind over packaging. Didn't realize it was included.
                            Had a look at it but haven't registered yet.
                            Better get my act together and decide what I want to go with.
                            we have to take a picture of every item we make and sell? omg talk about time consuming, im beginning to wonder if it was worth opening my little part time business with all theses new rules
                            Liverpoollassi

Comment

OMG I remember the 4711 sticks and Grandmater did the same, slight sign of a head and out it would come. Now as I always fainted in church (mainly at Benediction think the incense did it) the 4711 was always at the ready

Comment

Working...
                              X