Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Labelling - what is the best before date of m & P soap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labelling - what is the best before date of m & P soap?

Hi there,

I have to print up some labels to put on my soaps for the local shop (I have a costmetic assessment and insurance) I just want to check how do I work out what the best before date should be as the soap base has no indication of this or the essential oils also don't reference a use by date.

Many thanks,

I know nothing about soap, but if none of the materials you have used have any sort of 'use by' or 'best before' date, why not ask your assessor for a recommendation?

Comment

Your assessor should give you your shelf life for each product.

I am concerned that your EOs do not have a best before date on them, do they have a batch code, do you have MSDs for them?

Where are you getting them from?

Without this information you cannot keep a PIF file which can be inspected at any time and would null and void your insurance if not correct.

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
        Your assessor should give you your shelf life for each product.

I am concerned that your EOs do not have a best before date on them, do they have a batch code, do you have MSDs for them?

Where are you getting them from?

Without this information you cannot keep a PIF file which can be inspected at any time and would null and void your insurance if not correct.

Jane
        I contacted my assessor for some info on shelf life and I'm still waiting for a response.

I bought the EO's from the soap kitchen. They have a batch code yes and I do have the MSDs for them. I have everything logged but just don't know the best before date unless I am missing something somewhere and just can't see it.

Comment

Try to contact The Soap Kitchen with batch numbers. I'm sure they will be happy to provide you with BB dates. Good luck.
          Jelena
          Help other people and peolpe will help you.

Comment

Working...
          X