Coconut oil v fractionated coconut oil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut oil v fractionated coconut oil

Hi - I have a recipe for Shea butter whip and I need virgin coconut oil. I have been looking online and there is coconut oil and fractionated coconut oil. However, I don't really understand the difference between the two, can someone please advise? Also, can I use either or should I used virgin coconut oil.

I would assume that you could use any type of coconut oil but then I don't understand the difference between fractionated and not either. It just so happens that I saw some virgin coconut oil in Sainsburys the other day though, if you're looking for somewhere that supplies it

Comment

I think you need Fractionated Coconut for whipped butter as (I might be wrong here) its a liquid and easier to whip... Whereas normal coconut oil is sold in solid blocks

Someone else might be along soon who knows what there talking about lol

Comment

This should help - http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.co...conut-oil.html

Comment

Fractionated coconut oil is coconut oil which was fractionated and many fatty acids were removed, so that it contains only caprylic and capric acids. This changes its properties - it is liquid and less greasy, is very quickly absorbed by the skin. In a shea butter whip it will make it less greasy and more soft. If you add a classic coconut oil, it will be firmer and more greasy.
          On the other hand, this oil does not contain any other unsaponifiables a normal oil contains and that can be good for the skin. However, it penetrates fast, which is good...
          Long live your bar of soap!
          Evik
          My blog: http://curious-soapmaker.com

Comment

Hi Amanda,

Personally, I much prefer using cold pressed virgin coconut oil - the solid oil that comes in a jar. Its gone through much less processing than the fractionated oil and it smells absolutely divine! It melts at body temperature and I use it straight from the jar as an all over body moisturiser. I find it absorbs well and leaves my skin really healthy and soft. It would work well in a shea based body butter/ whip, you might need to soften it and the shea butter first, then they should blend together well.

Hope this helps!
            Gail
            Goodness and Wonder
            Natural Skincare Products, Workshops and Courses
            www.goodnessandwonder.co.uk

Comment

We- Vdelta Company is supplying coconut oil with the good quality and competitive prices.
              Please do not hesitate to send us email at vietdeltacompany1234@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsvietnam View Post
                We- Vdelta Company is supplying coconut oil with the good quality and competitive prices.
                Please do not hesitate to send us email at ..............
                This is not a selling platform. If you continue to promote your products you will be banned.

Mo.XX
                Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                www.bodrighy.co.uk
                https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
                  This is not a selling platform. If you continue to promote your products you will be banned.
                  And apart from that the original post is nearly four years old, so if the requirement hasn't been fulfulled I expect the project has been abandoned.

Linda

Comment

Virgin coconut oil smells stronger - remember that !)

Comment

Working...
                    X