Cups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cups

I have a US soap book and am going to make bath salts. However, the recipe is in cups. Can anyone point me in the right direction of how I can find out how many grams are in a cup please.

Hi Amanda, as far as grams to cups goes I'm afraid it's a case of using cups as there isn't a conversion (weight/density) Using a regular cup is normally fine.

Comment

If I remember right this question has cropped up before. I have just done a search but can't find it. I think it was something to do with an American recipe. I will keep looking when I have a minute.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Thanks both. Appreciate your help. My Mum thinks she's got some cups for baking, would they be ok to use?

Comment

http://www.saltworks.us/salt_info/si...gBathSalts.asp don't know whether or not this would help but if you go to the link, scroll down to the salt glow recipe it says half cup (4oz) etc

Comment

Yes baking cups are what I use. It's because the density of water is different to the density of salt so this is why it's hard to convert.

Comment

Working...
            X